What's new

My first Schick Injector shave

I tried my 2nd shave with the Injector today. This is not going to work for me. I tried various angles, more pressure, less pressure, no pressure. Not a good shave, not close and my face looked like a strawberry after, from all the abuse and experimentation. Thank God for the Gentlemen's Refinery aftershave lotion that calmed my skin down in no time (yes it's expensive, but that good, at least on my skin).

There is no reason for me to keep messing with this razor when I can get excellent shaves from a few DE razors and from a Gillette Sensor.

There's something about these Schick razors in general as they simply don't work well for me. I tried in the past their modern multi-blades, disposables and always got poor results and preferred the Gillette counterparts. Must be something in the design of the heads or blades that just doesn't work on my face.

I have a GEM Micromatic SE on the way, hopefully I will find at least an SE that I can get a good shave with.

Too bad, because I really really liked the looks of this Injector, its excellent condition, small head, etc. I really wish it worked for me, but I guess it just isn't meant to be, just like the other Schicks I tried in the past.

Went back this morning to my trusted Tech. Ah, what a relief! It feels so good to get a nice shave after I struggled last two times with the Injector.

We'll see how the GEM Micromatic does for me.

I'm sorry the Injector didn't work out for you. Fortunately, there is a multitude of SE's and DE's from which to choose. :001_cool:

I'm sorry the Injector didn't work out for you. Fortunately, there is a multitude of SE's and DE's from which to choose. :001_cool:

Or multi-blades, such as the Sensor. Ooops ... wrong forum :smile:

I think I like DE's now better than my Sensor, which didn't use to be the case in the begining, but I feel like I get closer shaves with the DE's now, though I have to be a lot more careful and patient. I cannot read a book and shave, which I can (almost) do with the Sensor.

I tried a GEM Micormatic today with the blades from Walgreens. Same terrible results as the Injector. I'm starting to believe that it is the thickness of the SE blades that does not go well with me, my face must prefer the thin and flexible DE blades. Trying a straight may be a bad idea.

I don't like the GEMs, either, but have had good luck with an E type injector. The E type is definitely more aggressive than a Gillette Tech, and it's not even close.

if you don't like injectors, though, I guess you just don't like injectors. C'est la vie.

I've had better luck with my Gem 1912 and Micromatic than I did with my injectors. I won't give up on my injectors, though. It's not just a hobby, it's an adventure. The Injectors make pretty darned good head shavers for me. Though I won't be shaving my head again for at least a week. I hit my head at work today and gashed it up. Had to go get stitches. Doc said it's a good thing I shave my head. It saved him from having to shave it before sewing it up.:blink:

I use Treet SE blades fro Rite Aid with my Gems and absolutely love the shaves I get. I use the Micromatic for the WTG and XTG passes and then use a mild DE for the ATG pass and I get BBS with no irritation.

Top Bottom