What's new

My First Restoration Ever Ready 200

With my newly found obsession with wet shaving being proclaimed to the masses, my grandmother recently went on a treasure hunt through old boxes of items once belonged to my grandfather. On a recent trip back home, she presented me an old Ever Ready 200 brush once owned and used by my grandfather for many years.

Needless to say, it was in need of a restoration.

So I was off to the store to buy some epoxy, some plastic polish and placed an order with TGN for a 20mm knot of silvertip badger.

It took about 2 hours from start to finish, with the assistance of a dremel and the advice of fellow B&Bers, but I couldn't be happier. :biggrin1: Sure there are still a couple dings and scratches here and there, but I think they add a little character to it.

I certainly plan on doing more restorations as the holidays approach, but none of them will mean as much to me as this one.

Attachments

• $DSCN2936.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 230
Congrats, love the greenies! I have restored a brush that belonged to my grandfather as well; great feeling to have a family heirloom. :001_smile

Nice!

I love that color, I really need to pick me up 1 or 2 handles like that. I think I want 2, 1 to leave as is, and one to buff off the "butterscotch" and take it down to the beautiful blue/green under it.

Nice job! The restoration bug is certainly going around the forum. It is great to see these old brushes restored and back in service!

Congratulations, it looks great. What a great treasure to have your grandfathers brush. You have a great family heirloom to pass on.

Regards,

Doug

Top Bottom