What's new

My First REAL Straight Razor

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
I made a mistake. I should not have tried to shave a two-day growth with a newly sharpened SR. Now I don't know if it was the edge or the whiskers that affected my shaving.

This morning I used my newly tree-topping edge on my two-day growth. It was the best shave I have ever given myself. Only one very small weeper and BBS.
IMG_20191221_074728.jpg

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
My second day in Korea and I now realise that I have made a bad shaving decision.

Yesterday morning I shaved with my Braun M90. As usual, I didn't enjoy the shave. The result was acceptable but I had a noticeable stubble by after lunch.

This morning I decided to give the hotel supplied Dorco twin blade disposable a go with their Seo Rin shaving foam (more like a gel). Better than the Braun but still not good.

The bad decision was to leave my SR gear at home. Never again. Next time I travel with checked luggage, the SR travels with me.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
SR shave No. 15 today (had 2 weeks off while overseas). Every shave is getting better. BBS all over, even the upper lip, except the sides of the neck. I still need to improve there. Provided I pay very close attention to my technique, no blood is drawn. One moment of inattention and I bleed.

I am still waiting on some gear to use The Method. Diamond paste is coming from the US (hope it gets through customs here) and the 6mm acrylic is being sent from Manila. Once all is here, I will start to improve the edge.

My edge at present still tugs a bit when going ATG. I'm hoping that with The Method this can be reduced or eliminated.

Top Bottom