What's new

My first Razorock soap

proxy.php

Arrived in the mail two days ago and after going through the usual crazy disinfecting person routine ( Remember the time you could open a mail package or grocery item like a normal person? ) , i used it an hour ago for the first tiime.

First things first, love the scent. Has a fresh lime like scent to it, which was quite enjoyable. A little on the lighter side perhaps, but still a refreshing scent to come across after you’ve just woken up.

The lather was somehwhat thin though. Not as thick as my Proraso Soaps. I’m guessing it’s because the soap hasn’t been worked in yet and it was only my first use? I do tend to enjoy a thick lather so I’m hoping that’s what will happen with repeated usage. Very slick otherwise, and with a sweet glide.

It’s a tad on the expensive side. I had to pay $31 CAD with shipping and everything but i guess on the plus side this $31 will last quite a long time due to my soap and cream rotation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Load it like you hate it!! :biggrin1:

I don't have a ton of experience with Razorock soaps, but I currently have The Dead Sea and SMdF (unopened) in my possession. I enjoy Dead Sea, and the only other I have used is Mudder Focker, which I thought punched way above it's price, YMMV. I'll probably start using SMdF in the next couple months, but I know it is a pretty well received soap, and the value is unassailable. $20 for almost 8.5 oz!!!

Razorock soaps work well but 31CAD seems a bit expensive for that soap. IB sells it for 10USD which is 14CAD. I suggest you either buy in bulk to get the free shipping or wait for better prices.

They are soft, and they can form a skin if they sit around too long. Try kneading it a bit before you lather it next time. It’s good soap.

As a Canadian, IB is upsetting in that free shipping is for purchases over $60 .... in USD. That’s like CAD $75, and I assume shipping within Canada is cheaper than to the US. With other shops giving free shipping at CAD$50 to CAD$60, I have opted to shop elsewhere. Should they change that policy I will revisit my choice.

Razorock has great sales a few times a year, that's usually the best time to buy.
For example:
The Dead Sea soap 250g glass jar - $14
Santa Maria del Fiore soap 250g glass jar - $14
Don Marco soap 150g tub - $4
The Dead Sea splash 100ml - $7
Santa Maria del Fiore splash 100ml - $8
American Barber splash 100ml - $7
Proraso White balm - $5
Nacet blades 100 count - $12

Free shipping over $65

I have several RR soaps, like my other soaps I load heavy and they work well for me.
I don't recommend blooming RR's as most are a softer soap and in my opinion that
would introduce way too much water. I've had a couple RR's for a few years and have
not had any issues.

I wouldn’t bloom it. You might just need to dial it in a bit better. Like someone else said, load it like you hate it.

I would not pay that much for RR.
Have probably 15 different ones.
They all lather easy, absolutely NO blooming, and the most I load is 15 seconds and then face/head lather. I have never run short of lather for 3 passes, ever (I never reload either).
Enjoy the soap, maybe use synthetic brush.....
Hope you get to enjoy the soap.

I always take a little piece out of the jar with a butter knife. Put it in my lather bowl. Dip my synthetic in hot water for a couple of seconds. Shake the excess water (stil a wet brush) and start whipping the lather. Maybe add a couple of drops of water.

I don't love all of their soaps that i've tried, but i am a big fan of their barbershop soap. in fact, i used it this morning!!

They have different formulas so that's probably the reason. My favourites are the ones with the "Super Formula" containing shea butter, argan oil, aloe vera and lanolin.

I’ve been blooming rr/tfs soaps for a decade. It doesn’t hurt them at all. They are tough. I still have some Razorock soaps from when they used figaro containers. They are fine. They aren’t magically more permeable just because they are more malleable.

I didn't care for the Razorock WTP soaps. Same for the others I've tried. I really wanted to have them work for me. I wish I couldnlike them more. They have great scents and are fairly priced. I will say that Amici is one of my all-time favorites though. That one actually works well for me. And I totally love their aftershave splashes.

Top Bottom