What's new

My first pipe.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
Oh I'm sure people here smoke them. They just don't seem to walk around in plain sight with them. As AimlessWanderer says, clay pipes were more the British thing for a cheap pipe, but I haven't seen them in public for years either. My dad tried them but kept breaking them.
I Never see anyone here walking around smoking a pipe. It used to be very common to see men sporting their briers but no more. Sad. I smoke while walking my dog and driving. Perhaps I’ll start a trend.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
Oh I'm sure people here smoke them. They just don't seem to walk around in plain sight with them. As AimlessWanderer says, clay pipes were more the British thing for a cheap pipe, but I haven't seen them in public for years either. My dad tried them but kept breaking them.
I Never see anyone here walking around smoking a pipe. It used to be very common to see men sporting their briers but no more. Sad. I smoke while walking my dog and driving. Perhaps I’ll start a trend.

I walk my each of my two dogs individually 4 times daily and have been smoking. My neighbor saw and brought me a pipe cleaner. He didn’t speak English but we still share a language haha

Unfortunately a cop has stopped to ask if it was weed one time I was out walking and my community is a smoke free place. What is this world coming to

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
I walk my each of my two dogs individually 4 times daily and have been smoking. My neighbor saw and brought me a pipe cleaner. He didn’t speak English but we still share a language haha

Unfortunately a cop has stopped to ask if it was weed one time I was out walking and my community is a smoke free place. What is this world coming to

So weed was ok I bet?

[Snip] Unfortunately a cop has stopped to ask if it was weed one time I was out walking and my community is a smoke free place. What is this world coming to

In my past I have smoked many things through a pipe. Some things have an extremely distinct smell when burning. That cop had no business wearing a badge if s/he couldn't immediately recognize what isn't that burning rope smell.

To Dave, here in the States, you don't see anyone with a cob either. Of course, seeing someone with a briar is just as rare. In fact, the only times I've seen anyone smoking a pipe since 1994 has been in a tobacco shop. Before '94, the only people smoking any kind of pipe outside of a tobacconist were Korean War vets or older. And then it was either a Dr. Grabow or Kaywoodie with a big can of Cartsr Hall, Prince Albert, or SWR. And Captain Black around Christmas. "Captain Black is what Santa smokes" according to Mr. Carson, my neighbor across the street who was a WWI vet.

In my past I have smoked many things through a pipe. Some things have an extremely distinct smell when burning. That cop had no business wearing a badge if s/he couldn't immediately recognize what isn't that burning rope smell.

To Dave, here in the States, you don't see anyone with a cob either. Of course, seeing someone with a briar is just as rare. In fact, the only times I've seen anyone smoking a pipe since 1994 has been in a tobacco shop. Before '94, the only people smoking any kind of pipe outside of a tobacconist were Korean War vets or older. And then it was either a Dr. Grabow or Kaywoodie with a big can of Cartsr Hall, Prince Albert, or SWR. And Captain Black around Christmas. "Captain Black is what Santa smokes" according to Mr. Carson, my neighbor across the street who was a WWI vet.
That’s exactly how I felt. But i think they were trying to use it as an excuse to search/question me. Luckily I prefer moonshine to drugs. Haha

The only time I’ve seen a fellow pipe smoker was while I was at Walmart and a guy was walking with a cob and he was blowing smoke

Smoke 4 tonight and very nice. I'm enjoying the baccy more. I enjoyed it enough to order another pipe. I fell for the looks of the Charles Towne Cobbler, and ordered more pipe cleaners and some replacement moth pieces for the Country Gent. Could I put a bent mouth piece on a straight Country Gent? The shanks appear to be set at a different angle. I ordered one anyway as they are cheap.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
Smoke 4 tonight and very nice. I'm enjoying the baccy more. I enjoyed it enough to order another pipe. I fell for the looks of the Charles Towne Cobbler, and ordered more pipe cleaners and some replacement moth pieces for the Country Gent. Could I put a bent mouth piece on a straight Country Gent? The shanks appear to be set at a different angle. I ordered one anyway as they are cheap.
Yes. I have two one bent and one straight. Works with other styles as well.

That’s one I’ve been wanting but it’s out of stock?!

Top Bottom