What's new

My first PIF: Students, CONUS

Hello B&B members,

I have learned so much from this forum and I think it's time to give some back. I would like to PiF this starter kit to a student; basically, if you are a student in college or university under 30, especially if you are on student loans and cannot afford such items, please provide general details on where you go to school and tell us about your field of study.

Here are the items included in this PIF:

IMG_2551.JPG

• 1. DE Razor: Fendrihan MK II head on a Maggard MR3 handle. This is a short, heavy and grippy stainless steel razor that should easily last a lifetime. Great daily shaver - not too mild, not too aggressive. Works well with a wide variety of DE blades. My favorites would be Voskhod and Gillette Platinum. The razor is in mint condition.
  • 2. Omega S-Brush AKA "synthetic boar". Brand new, I think I might have used it to make one test lather in a bowl. It was definitely never used on face. I have two of these, a red and a green and I am keeping the red one. These also make great travel brushes.
  • 3. Musgo Real oakmoss shaving cream. This cream, made in Portugal, is a great classic cream. The performance is fantastic and the scent is truly top notch. It contains lanolin.
I think I can throw in some DE blades as well, to make it a true starter kit. Finally, I will leave this open until Monday morning and then I will pick a winner using a random number generator app called randALL.

I am a student, but definitely not under 30. In fact, I am in my early 50s, so not in. Good luck to those who qualify. Great PIF.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Great PIF! I have two student sons, but they are both wet shaving already, out of my hoard of hard and software.

That is a very good kit - extremely generous of you.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Very generous. My college days are behind me, alas! Hope you get lots of folks signing up! Seems like we had a young lady join us about a week ago that might fit the parameters?

Great PIF! I am a student under 30, but I already have my shaving stuff, so not in. Very good kit!

I am definitely willing to open this to students over 30! So, if someone wants to be considered, please post here.

Very generous. I will still pass, as I have have what I need and would rather see this go to someone who can really use it. I will give some unsolicited advise to those who are younger. Complete your education as early in life as possible. Doing graduate school in your 50 while working full time is not a lot of fun.

FarmerTan

Very generous. I will still pass, as I have have what I need and would rather see this go to someone who can really use it. I will give some unsolicited advise to those who are younger. Complete your education as early in life as possible. Doing graduate school in your 50 while working full time is not a lot of fun.

Amen my friend. I was nearly 50 before I got my RN done. I hated that my brain wasn't as "flexible" as it had been in my 20's!

As my Dad said: youth is wasted on the young!

I've went back taking some more online classes in my field ( communications) You're never to old to keep learning but I'm over 30. Do I qualify?

FarmerTan

Yes, you do! And I absolutely agree with you when you say "You're never to old to keep learning".
The day I stop learning is the day I hope I stop breathing!
And the skool of hard knocks has punctuated many of my life lessons with a hard kick to the pants, lol.

The day I stop learning is the day I hope I stop breathing!
And the skool of hard knocks has punctuated many of my life lessons with a hard kick to the pants, lol.
I heard that . and I did a lot of learning @ the skool of hard knocks too while being in country in the Army... (I still love the beach though.) Even After all that dang sand !! 😜🤪🤣🤣

Last edited:
Top Bottom