What's new

My first Omega 1066 Brush Is it conterfeit?

This is my post and first shaving brush purchase, An Omega 10066 and I got it off walmart.com and it arrived today, It came in a plastic package with arabic writing on one side but everything else is in English.Says made in Italy on package and on the base of handle. Also has painted omega logo on handle.It had no smell of animal which I heard.I wouldn't say the bristles are like a porcupine but somewhat soft but stand upright.Just suspect due to the Arabic writing and no smell Thanks!

Last edited:
Interesting about the arabic writing. Maybe the one you bought was meant for that market. I have a 10066 as well. It's a nice little brush. The label is painted on the side of the handle. I don't recall much of a smell. It's always more pronounced once you wet it but after lathering with some soap or cream a couple times any bad smells should go away. Boar brushes take time to break in. What happens is that with use the tips start to split which gives the face feel a softness to it. But it can take a bit to get there. Just make sure you soak the brush for 3 to 5 minutes in water before using it. Boar brushes need to be soaked as they are the only ones that actually absorb water. If you don't, you risk breaking individual hairs and ultimately ruining your brush over time. It's a nice little brush. Enjoy it.

Thanks Mr Zappa, I was also skeptical because the vendors name was West Coast shaving and they are located in chino cal but they shipped it from myrtle beach so I called them and they verified it was their warehouse so I assume they are a reputable company.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
It's legit, all my Omega Brushes came in a rectangular plastic packaging with Arabic writing on it. Their Omega Eucalipto Cream/Soft Soap has Arabic writing on it as well. It is a testament of how much business they do in the Middle East. West Coast Shaving always dispatches their items from Myrtle Beach. West Coast Shaving is a very reputable company with very good customer service, and they are in good standing here with a B&B vendor membership.
OMG-46001_Omega_Shaving_Cream_3_1200x_1_1200x1200.jpg

Last edited:
I was going to say, all of your description sounds exactly like the Omega 10065 I bought from a different vendor (same brush, different color.) Arabic text on the packaging, bristles as described. Completely normal.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Thanks people,Cant wait to use the new brush!
:thumbsup: Remember: Boars have a break in period where the boar hair starts splitting. This splitting equates a super nice luxurious feel while Omegas retain excellent backbone. They only get better over time.

Mine came the same way, it's legit. Awesome brush!! Enjoy it my friend!

Sent from my Vivo 8 using Tapatalk

Thanks Mr Zappa, I was also skeptical because the vendors name was West Coast shaving and they are located in chino cal but they shipped it from myrtle beach so I called them and they verified it was their warehouse so I assume they are a reputable company.

West Coast Shaving is definitely reputable. I’ve bought stuff from them.

I hope your brush says “10066”, not “1066”, on it :). The 10066 is a great brush and an incredible value. I bought one for both my daughter and son, and then one for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Wcs is a great outfit. Great customer service in my experience. Their house label products are great too although i dont see many offerings right now.

I hope your brush says “10066”, not “1066”, on it :). The 10066 is a great brush and an incredible value. I bought one for both my daughter and son, and then one for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It does say 10066 my mistake.

Perfectly normal. Mine are all the same. Cheap plastic box with arabic words.

The irony is the middle eastern countries being predominantly muslim and they are selling boar brushes there. LOL.

Top Bottom