What's new

My First New Recruit

OK, I have been extolling the wonders of DE shaving at work since I have discovered this wonderful method of shaving several months ago. A friend and colleague thought I was nuts when I would arrive in the office stroking my face and saying what a wonderful close shave I had this morning using a British made razor (EJ 89) and Italian shave cream (Proraso) applied with a pure badger brush (Vulfix 2235S) followed by a bracing aftershave (Proraso, Clubman, etc.). Expaining to him about B&B and all useful information I have learned here, while practicing my new craft and perfecting my technique to reduce nicks and razor burn while looking to achieve the elusive (for a relative newbie) BBS.

Well this week taking a walk after lunch he said" I need to stop at CVS and pick-up some razor blade cartridges." After selecting a 4 pack of Schick Fusion Hydro cartridge blades and paying $17.99 + tax through his nose, he screamed "I can't believe this. There has to be a better way!" I said, "there is and I have been telling you about it for months". Getting back into the office I emailed him the links to B&B and West Coast Shaving along with my starter kit recommendations. Once convincing SWMBO by telling her how much money he was going to save on blades and canned shave cream :biggrin1:. He place his order later and received it yesterday. This morning (Saturday) he texted me that he has been converted and will never go bak to cartridge shaving again. He is now planning his next purchase already. To be continued.....

Once convincing SWMBO by telling her how much money he was going to save on blades and canned shave cream :biggrin1:....He is now planning his next purchase already. To be continued.....

Nice, I particularly like this part. Saving money.:001_cool:

Steve

Good work, Joe. I did the same for my adjacent work colleague who uses an ELECTRIC shaver, and has regrowth by 9am. I converted him over to the DE and all the accoutrements, and he enjoys it very much but finds the time investment in the actual shaving a little constraining.

Interestingly, the learning curve for him was even shorter than it was for me, as I was coming off friggin cartridges and still accustomed to pushing the blade against my face for dear life. Let's just say there were many mornings when I looked as if I'd lost a fight with the Borner V-Slicer...:behead:

Good work, Joe. I did the same for my adjacent work colleague who uses an ELECTRIC shaver, and has regrowth by 9am. I converted him over to the DE and all the accoutrements, and he enjoys it very much but finds the time investment in the actual shaving a little constraining.

Interestingly, the learning curve for him was even shorter than it was for me, as I was coming off friggin cartridges and still accustomed to pushing the blade against my face for dear life. Let's just say there were many mornings when I looked as if I'd lost a fight with the Borner V-Slicer...:behead:

Could inform him that he could get a can of Barbasol for times when he needs a decent shave but doesn't have the time to go all out.

Top Bottom