What's new

My first new brush(boar) in 3 years for cheap.

Obviously it's going to be a boar. :001_cool:

So, yesterday, I got this Omega 10098 for only $7.30 USD locally. I've been using the 10104 for years already and it's still going strong.

Is it any good?

Haven't used it yet. Washed the funky animal smell as best as I could only. And, it keeps falling off because of it's height.

The loft is a little higher than the 10104. Knot looks about the same size. When washing it, the backbone was insane.

Attachments

• 10098.jpg
    10098.jpg
    368.8 KB · Views: 13
Re the funky smell, I did not put much effort into getting rid of the odor of my boar brush- pretty much was covered by the shave cream scent after first use. Unless your brush is really funky!

if you want to brake it in fast ,soak the brush in glass of water in the fridge over night, when brush it over kitchen towel, repeat for 3-4 rounds

Omega boars are great value brushes. The handles tend to be cheap, but the knots.perform well once broken in. Give the hair a good overnight soak in a glass of water, then run the tips on a towel.. Also...if you blow dry the brush dry after use t'll break in much much faster..

When using a Boar brush, I find it useful to soak about half of the knot for at least 5 minutes before shaving. I keep a short tumbler in the bathroom for that purpose. I usually soak it while showering.

If you soak the whole knot you will lose any semblance of backbone and end up with an extremely floppy brush. Soaking only the tips leaves plenty of backbone and provides a much softer face feel, approaching that of a Silvertip Badger.

Good choice. I have the exact same boar brush. Once broken in, it works beautifully. It's especially good for a bowl latherer like me as it has a tall loft and long handle

I don't have this Omega, but I have a 10049 that is one of the best things I ever bought for the cheap price.

I'm in the middle of Decemboar, nothing but boar brushes for the whole month, and it has made me wonder whether paying a bunch of money for badger brushes is just some sort of unnecessary indulgence in comfort. Boar brushes just work really well.

When using a Boar brush, I find it useful to soak about half of the knot for at least 5 minutes before shaving.
It took me more than 10 minutes to find, but I wanted to thank you for this. I admit I was skeptical, but this turned one of my floppy mops into a springy lather churner! One other benefit is there isn't a bunch of water deep in the brush that comes out and dilutes my lather, a problem I never had with badgers.

Top Bottom