What's new

My first modern razor purchase in 8 years

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I don't have any complete Timeless razors.... but I have two of their Titanium Crown handles.. one polished, one matte... I polished the matte one a little so it would lighten up a bit to match my matte ESC Claymore Evolution... it's very nice.

Other than the Darwin handles, the Timeless Crown handles are the most beautiful I've seen posted here. This is as close as I can get to compete with the beauty of all the straight razors posted here. <eg>

I don't have any complete Timeless razors.... but I have two of their Titanium Crown handles.. one polished, one matte... I polished the matte one a little so it would lighten up a bit to match my matte ESC Claymore Evolution... it's very nice.

Other than the Darwin handles, the Timeless Crown handles are the most beautiful I've seen posted here. This is as close as I can get to compete with the beauty of all the straight razors posted here. <eg>
I really like all of the Timeless razors and choosing which handle to purchase was tough. They all look fantastic. I'm sure I'll eventually get another handle, but it's tough to choose between all of them.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
I absolutely agree with you. I'm definitely glad that I decided to make this purchase.

And I am glad you have a beautiful AP brush with the Blue Lagoon handle! 😁

proxy.php

I love my brush too!

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Timeless Crown handles are the most beautiful I've seen posted here.

I couldn't agree more, those Timeless Crown handles are freaking amazing. You know how much money it costs the company to CNC those handles to that level of detail? Well, lets just say it costs them millions of dollars. And the only way the company can afford it, is to move products in high numbers. So it gives me a lot of respect for what they do.

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
I couldn't agree more, those Timeless Crown handles are freaking amazing. You know how much money it costs the company to CNC those handles to that level of detail? Well, lets just say it costs them millions of dollars. And the only way the company can afford it, is to move products in high numbers. So it gives me a lot of respect for what they do.
Have you priced a HAAS Mini Mill lately?

More like 30K.

~doug~

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Have you priced a HAAS Mini Mill lately?

More like 30K.

~doug~

OK, thats fine. But just so you know, when I usually think of manufacturing, I think of high end CNC machines that can do that level of detail, and machine tooling costs, which can easily cost a factory millions. So, maybe in a smaller shop it costs a bit less, but still, CNC machines can cost easily 30,000 dollars just by themselves, and thats not including the cost of the other metal working machines and polishing machines you will have in the shop. Infact, there are many CNC machines that cost 50,000 infact.

If a machine shop is ever going to be honest with you, they will tell you how much it really cost them to spec out their shops, by the time all is said and done, they might just be a million dollars worth, it just depends on the size of the shop. And I will admit, I don't know the exact size of their shop. I just know, manufacturing is much more expensive then most people think it is. Thats why they often have to move high numbers of product, to get the costs down.

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
OK, thats fine. But just so you know, when I usually think of manufacturing, I think of high end CNC machines that can do that level of detail, and machine tooling costs, which can easily cost a factory millions. So, maybe in a smaller shop it costs a bit less, but still, CNC machines can cost easily 30,000 dollars just by themselves, and thats not including the cost of the other metal working machines and polishing machines you will have in the shop. Infact, there are many CNC machines that cost 50,000 infact.

If a machine shop is ever going to be honest with you, they will tell you how much it really cost them to spec out their shops, by the time all is said and done, they might just be a million dollars worth, it just depends on the size of the shop. And I will admit, I don't know the exact size of their shop. I just know, manufacturing is much more expensive then most people think it is. Thats why they often have to move high numbers of product, to get the costs down.
Wow, you just put a 45+ year machinist to school. :ouch1:

I worked for the Air Powered Division of 3M from 1985 until 1999 when Conmed bought us, and stayed with them until I retired 3 years ago. When I retired we had some 45 CNC's in the shop, and I know how exactly much each machine cost along with the tooling, as it was my job to get them up and running.

~doug~

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Wow, you just put a 45+ year machinist to school. :ouch1:

I worked for the Air Powered Division of 3M from 1985 until 1999 when Conmed bought us, and stayed with them until I retired 3 years ago. When I retired we had some 45 CNC's in the shop, and I know how exactly much each machine cost along with the tooling, as it was my job to get them up and running.

~doug~

Dude, thats so cool! I have mad respect for machine shop workers! If it wasn't for you guys, we wouldn't be as industrialized as a nation as we are today! And much of engineering, is based off the parts made in machining, like gears in a transmission for a perfect example. You are absolutely awesome! Plus, you like Wolverine and X-Men, so there's that too! HEHE :)

I have the TI 95 OC version and it’s a very comfortable shaver. Especially for an open comb. And it’s got a solid amount of efficiency too. Most everything I have is stainless or cheaper zamak razors which usually can have a little more weight to it. But I didn’t think the weight of it was so much so different to completely throw off the shave. So I wouldn’t worry much about the weight or anything.

Top Bottom