What's new

My first Missouri Meerschaums

I see lots of love for their cobs, but I haven't seen or hard much specifically regarding the Ozark myself. If you are interested in a cheap (under $40) briar that is awesome, then I would consider Morgan Bones. I do believe he has retailers overseas.

I have plenty of briars but thanks, I'll keep them in mind in case I decide to get a new one.

@boo909

Interesting feedback. Did you just say that smoking the apple diplomat took about 1 hour?

Thanks, it's maybe 50 minutes to an hour for the Diplomat but I am a very slow smoker though and no expert, so don't take me as a true guide, I tend to sip through the smoke rather than draw, I have to relight once, maybe twice with the Diplomat. I tend to chase the ember so it's always on the edge of going out, but if you like a hotter smoke it would, depending on how you packed it, the humidity of the baccy, probably be a half hour pipe, give or take.

I get about 30-40 minutes from my Pride and I presumed it was a smaller bowl but I've just had a proper look and it seems a little bigger than the Diplomat to me. I think maybe the shape of the Diplomat Apple makes for a more leisurely, relaxing smoke? It is a very comfortable pipe.

I have some smaller briars (check the pics further up the thread) if I want a quicker smoke, and sometimes I do smoke the larger briars more quickly, if I'm out drinking say, but I've been trying to avoid getting the cobs too hot. That's actually what I was hoping for with the Ozark Mountain, just a quick drinking pipe that I wouldn't mind losing but it seems too bad even for that unfortunately.

I haven't tried the Country Gentlemen yet, I'm waiting for a tobacco order for that but I could see that lasting me a good hour and a half.

Anyway, sorry for rambling, that was probably far more than you wanted to know :D

Thanks, it's maybe 50 minutes to an hour for the Diplomat but I am a very slow smoker though and no expert, so don't take me as a true guide, I tend to sip through the smoke rather than draw, I have to relight once, maybe twice with the Diplomat. I tend to chase the ember so it's always on the edge of going out, but if you like a hotter smoke it would, depending on how you packed it, the humidity of the baccy, probably be a half hour pipe, give or take.

I get about 30-40 minutes from my Pride and I presumed it was a smaller bowl but I've just had a proper look and it seems a little bigger than the Diplomat to me. I think maybe the shape of the Diplomat Apple makes for a more leisurely, relaxing smoke? It is a very comfortable pipe.

I have some smaller briars (check the pics further up the thread) if I want a quicker smoke, and sometimes I do smoke the larger briars more quickly, if I'm out drinking say, but I've been trying to avoid getting the cobs too hot. That's actually what I was hoping for with the Ozark Mountain, just a quick drinking pipe that I wouldn't mind losing but it seems too bad even for that unfortunately.

I haven't tried the Country Gentlemen yet, I'm waiting for a tobacco order for that but I could see that lasting me a good hour and a half.

Anyway, sorry for rambling, that was probably far more than you wanted to know :D

No , the opposite. I like to read impressions on pipes.

Well my tobacco order arrived minus the Bullseye, which is annoying:

full

Thought I'd ease myself into it with the Sutliff Virginia Slices:

full

Rubs out very easily didn't need to leave it to dry, it's a lovely mellow smoke, sweet but not too sweet. It's very mild, the sort of tobacco I could have on the go all day, if I smoked that much anymore. Weirdly there is apparently no room note, I'm halfway through a pipe and my girlfriend still can't smell it :D (it isn't that obtrusive but I think that maybe her nose not the tobacco though).

Had a go on one of my briars the other day and I have to admit I didn't enjoy it as much as my Pride, I think I may be a cob convert.

Last edited:
Got mine in the mail as we speak... went with the classic gentleman... now I need some recommendations on tobacco.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had a great smoke, on a cheap Missouri Meeschaum Cob. Two great bowels. Enjoyed the company of my son (age 8) talking about everything under the sun.

Had a small storm with some fantastic heat lightening over head for entertainment.

proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom