What's new

My first Lord

I wanted to try a Lord safety razor so I ordered one from the bay.
I thought I ordered a L1822/L6 but it turns out I ordered the (new) S625 Smart instead.
Strangely this S625 is equipped with a metal handle instead of the plastic handle.
Visually the razor looks just fine and it's longer than my Muhle R41 but at the same time a bit lighter.
From what I can see the blade alignment is just fine.
IMG_20190411_181116.jpg
IMG_20190411_181123.jpg
IMG_20190411_181542.jpg
IMG_20190411_181705.jpg

Looks the same as my L6 but I have no idea if they're the same. Mine is a pretty nice shaver. Smooth and mild feeling but still pretty effective.

@hydro-magic I hope this razor will place it self somewhere between R41 and Feather Popular in aggressiveness .
Hoping for just the smooth and effective shaving.
The Popular is a bit too mild for me

If your other razor is R41 , there is a probablility you're not gonna like that partucular Lord head. These Lord heads have zero blade exposure. I personnaly can't get a BBS with it, whatever cream or soap I use. There is another Lord head type - L122 a.k.a. L5 - it is like a Tech, but a bit more aggressive than Techs. It gives me much better shaves.

If your other razor is R41 , there is a probablility you're not gonna like that partucular Lord head. These Lord heads have zero blade exposure. I personnaly can't get a BBS with it, whatever cream or soap I use. There is another Lord head type - L122 a.k.a. L5 - it is like a Tech, but a bit more aggressive than Techs. It gives me much better shaves.

Thanks for your input .
Do you know how this S625 is compared to Feather Popular .
Just as mild or more aggressive ?

Thanks for your input .
Do you know how this S625 is compared to Feather Popular .
Just as mild or more aggressive ?

It is milder than the Popular. On the Popular I can at least see a tiny bit of positive blade exposure. So it's not gonna be inbetween the R41 and your Popular. You just bought one of the least effective and mild razors. The only thing that is milder is probably a Weishi.
Trust me, I have all the razors I am talking about and I have been using them for a long time.

Yep probably good for young guys who started shaving recently. Pretty hard to get serious cuts with that Lord model. It is easier to get cut with a Tech :001_302:

Yep probably good for young guys who started shaving recently. Pretty hard to get serious cuts with that Lord model. It is easier to get cut with a Tech :001_302:

Well , my sons facial hair has the same feeling as a newborn duckling
I am already trying to get him into wetshaving and maybe this shaver can be a good first step?

I don't have a Popular to compare it with but compared to an AS-D2 I'd say it's similar or maybe just a bit milder. I don't mind razors with less blade exposure though. I enjoy them quite a bit actually. You can get a good shave with a mild razor but your angle has to be right on all the time. If the blade can touch the skin, it can give you a great shave. You just have to keep the blade touching the skin all the time. That means really good angle control. And maybe some other things, like getting good at moving your head around to make large flat sections you can shave easier.

@hydro-magic I hope this razor will place it self somewhere between R41 and Feather Popular in aggressiveness .
Hoping for just the smooth and effective shaving.
The Popular is a bit too mild for me
I have used both the R41, L6, & the Popular. I think the L6 is more efficient than the Popular, or at least the shave feels different. However, the L6 is nothing like the R41. Above The Tie has a blade gap chart on the FAQ section at the bottom of his website - shows L6 with 1.09mm & Popular with .61mm gap. This probably accounts for the different feel. I suggest trying the L6 just to see what you think as it is a good razor. I would describe it as a more aggressive Merkur 33C in that it definitely has more blade exposure or feel whereas the Merkur has neutral if not negative exposure.

Since some of you are referring to the L6 I must ask if there are any difference between the heads of L6 and S625 Smart ?
We all agree that it looks just like an L6 but it's actually printed as an S625 on the package .
Anyone knows if it's a missprint or is there an S625 with a metal handle ?
Unfortunately there are no Lord razors available in Sweden so I can not go to a store and compare the different models

I suspect they're the same but I can't prove it. Not sure why they'd make a razor that looks just like the L6 but is different so I think it's a fairly safe bet that they're the same. The original L6 said something else on the package too (can't remember what it was) and didn't say L6 anywhere on the packaging that I remember.

I suspect they're the same but I can't prove it. Not sure why they'd make a razor that looks just like the L6 but is different so I think it's a fairly safe bet that they're the same. The original L6 said something else on the package too (can't remember what it was) and didn't say L6 anywhere on the packaging that I remember.
I think the original L6 is also marked L1822

It is milder than the Popular. On the Popular I can at least see a tiny bit of positive blade exposure. So it's not gonna be inbetween the R41 and your Popular. You just bought one of the least effective and mild razors. The only thing that is milder is probably a Weishi.
Trust me, I have all the razors I am talking about and I have been using them for a long time.

I have tried my S625 today and I have to say it is not as mild as the Popular.
The blade gap is way bigger on the S625 and it really shaved well.

Top Bottom