What's new

My First Ink, An Uniformative and Pointless Post

So fellow member Nova316 out in calgary ( i havent checked which nhl team he routes for yet Doc) sent me a sample that will be my first ink, when one of the cheap chinese pens i ordered shows up this will be the go to ink as its the only one at the moment lol

so what is it, uhhh i dont know came in a sample vial, whats it write like ?, uhh i dont know its still in the vial but theres some on a tissue now.

ont he white cap of the vial it almost has a very dark purpleness to it its smells exactly like something without a scent and likes a little led zeppelin after dinner,

actually im waiting a PM back from nova on the official word as to what exactly it is.... anyone want to guess while i wait ?

$IMG_1090.jpg

the winner will get my shock and awe, and your choice of any pen in Brians collection... i havent got the okay yet for the last part but im sure it wont be a problem

wait your asking me ? you supposed to be telling me lmao, btw do you know nova, he has an intrest in a trade or two with you sam, and i havent heard back yet so i dont know

Honestly i kind of thought Nova would get back to me by now so i could say then get some feedback on what i had here, it shows as a gray on the the white paper i have so somethign called shadow sounds about right almost like fresh tattoo shading more on the cooler side of the spectrum for sure

And we have an answer, Parker Quink, uh or something like that !

Last edited:
good, i dont think ill have my new 5 dollar shipped from china (why does it cost me 12 bucks to ship canada - canada) hero !, by then though

Which Hero did you get?

a red one lol,.... hang on let me log into ebay and have a look..... a hero 759, and a jinhoa 500 i think i spent about 12 bucks total between the two of them

$$(KGrHqIOKk!E5CWdCtGDBOcVSwcLrQ~~60_3.jpg$$(KGrHqZHJCQE+NnrcV-oBP699i13Tw~~60_3.jpg

not the prettiest of things but i figure if im going to mess around with stuff, its probably better on these then something a little nicer(more expensive)

Are you pens a piston fill or level they look like a lever (only two I know so if its something different your on your own haha)

Piston you twist the converted/loaded till the piston is at the bottom, put the nib in the ink and slowly unwind the piston to draw ink in
Level you stick the pen ink the sample and open and close the lever 3 times

I am sure Sam is going to be able to help you a lot more then my crummy instructions

Nice pens tho, I got an esterbrook and a Plaisir and love both of em. They are now my workhorse/goto pens

They are twist to fill, what i actually meant was since the sample tube is small in diameter and the nib can not reach the bottom to fill the pen i take it i have to pour it into something else when the level gets low ? or do you guys just tip the smaple to get ink to settle along the sides and fill in the tube ?

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
( i havent checked which nhl team he routes for yet Doc)

:001_tt2:

They are twist to fill, what i actually meant was since the sample tube is small in diameter and the nib can not reach the bottom to fill the pen i take it i have to pour it into something else when the level gets low ? or do you guys just tip the smaple to get ink to settle along the sides and fill in the tube ?

When you say "twist to fill" do you mean that the back end of the pen twists (ie piston) or you unscrew the body to reveal the converter inside and twist that?

If you have the latter, you can probably detach the converter, fill it (either by sticking it into the ink & twisting, or by using a syringe) and then reattach it. If you have a piston filler, you almost certainly will have some ink sample remnants that you can't get out.

Top Bottom