What's new

My First Ink, An Uniformative and Pointless Post

All I seen in description was bottle ink only, and I thought all pens made these days were cartridge converters lol

lol thats okay, i joined FPN too so i could go around and around, i have seen a bunch of different types between the pinch style blatters, the ones with the metal sides to press some turn nob styles, i really wasnt paying attention when i bought those two cause well they were 5 bucks and if i ever want to play around with adjusting a nib, or changing one out i would feel more comfortable putting one of these under the gun then an expensive one

but its funny after all the shaving stuff i went through and all the time i put into finding out what i like and allt he different stuff, (and all that is still out there) its so overwhelming to start all over again here lol but one step at a time i guess

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
All I seen in description was bottle ink only, and I thought all pens made these days were cartridge converters lol

No, there are quite a few piston fillers out there (like almost all Pelikans). You twist the back end of the pen one direction to drive a piston down, then the other direction to draw the ink in. It is like the action of a converter, but since the body of the pen is the ink reservoir, they tend to hold more ink. Now that I have my first* piston filled pen, a Pelikan M200, I will have a hard time buying another converter pen. I have been writing with this thing for over a week and there is still ink in it.

*I bought one other piston filler, a Noodlers flex. But that was a present for the granddaughter, so I cannot claim it.

Top Bottom