What's new

My first hone

If you have visible deep scratches after the 12k, it is not the 12k. Something was not done right leading up to the 12k. If you come off something like an 8k, 10-15 passes is usually enough. The same goes for the balsa if you decide to get a sharper edge.
Yeah I need to go back to lower grit stones to polish the edge. Rookie mistake.

I have the Gold Dollar Cut Throat Club, ordered off Amazon. I had no expactation for the razor, just liked the throwback look. I set the bevel on 320, 100, 6000, 12000, 20000, then to balsa 50k, 100K, and 200K, before going to leather strop. The shave is really hard to beat! I have a nice Wade and Butcher that sees love in the rotation. But the GD really surprised me, I really like the shave off it, and use it more then some of my other razors. As far as the Spanish Point GD, well it is a love hate relationship right now. Mainly due to my rushed shave and 1 inch cut on my cheek.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
.... As far as the Spanish Point GD, well it is a love hate relationship right now. Mainly due to my rushed shave and 1 inch cut on my cheek.
The Gold Dollar W59 takes some skill to master. Mine (2) are now my most enjoyable SRs to shave with.

IMG_20211223_165339.jpg

IMG_20210203_140531.jpg

Top Bottom