What's new

My first HD shave

Well,

I have been wet-shaving for nearly 3 weeks now (previously electric) with a Wilkinson plastic DE, a Wilkinson blade, some cheap brush (synthetic I think) and some cheaper local shaving cream. The shaves were enjoyable, however very different one from another, although I maintained the same prep (shower, massage of the cream for 2 minutes). There were several nicks, and razor burn afterwards, but I figured it is expected...

Yesterday, the gift arrived: a Shavemac finest badger brush, a Merkur HD, Speick cream, Weleda AS balm. And also, the blade sample pack from WCS. And this morning, I could not believe the amount of cream produced by the brush and the Speick. I guess it was enough for 5-6 passes, not just for the usual 2 or 3. And the HD, loaded with a new Derby worked like a charm. Barely a nick (poor techique and maybe over-confidence?), and my skin is smoooooth.

Do I have to say it again? Like oh so many before me, I am hooked.

Thank you to all who contribute to this wonderul forum, and hopefully I can make a contribution myself in the future.

Good to hear you enjoyed the shave. Just be careful, there seems to be contagious diseases (also known as RADs) that are easily caught if not careful.

BJC

I think I already have the symptoms: I just ordered some Proraso products, and some Trumper and some...:)

Top Bottom