What's new

My first Filson

My new Filson original briefcase bag. Found it secondhand but brand new with tags for $150. Loving it so far! Simple and well made.

IMG_20171111_162937072.jpg

Hoping this fabric doesn't get stained/marked up. My last bag was leather and it wiped up easy (water/coffee etc.)
Should I apply some sort of protector to it?

View attachment 836924

Hoping this fabric doesn't get stained/marked up. My last bag was leather and it wiped up easy (water/coffee etc.)
Should I apply some sort of protector to it?
Probably wouldn't hurt. Might want to check if the manufacturer advises of any particular product/procedure to best protect it without staining or otherwise damaging it first however.

Filson makes some quality products. I have two of their outerwear vests, and were it not for the dog hair, they'd still look like new. Enjoy your new brief bag. I think that's going to just look better and better with use.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Hoping this fabric doesn't get stained/marked up.

Nice but that color would not stay looking good very long for me.

I think that's going to just look better and better with use.

I agree with Lmarkow ... one of the great appeals of this bag is how the fabric develops a nice patina of use over time. It’s kind of like a pick-up truck ... if it still looks like you just drove it off the lot, you’re not doing it right!

Last edited:
Thanks, I'm really liking it.
My wife thinks it's more casual than the leather Samsonite bag I had before. I wear a suit but not usually a tie, I think it goes fine.... You guys?
Love the zipper on this thing, feels like a zipper should, like it will last a lifetime.

A suit + that bag? I think you need a necktie, one with fishing flies or pheasants, maybe. LOL

Great bag! It will improve with a bit of patina. And I dare you to wear it out.

I love Filson! I found the shop in Seattle during a trip. All it really does is make you want more though. That is a great looking briefcase. Consider this: I have an Orvis one like it. When my dog was a pup, she chewed on the handles. A few years later, I happened into an Orvis store, and as I was looking at a couple of bags, noticed that they supported the bags for the life of the bag. I sent the bag off, got it back a few week later, good as knew. Bought in 1993, rehabbed in 2015.

Wow that's great. I am willing to pay more for a product that I know is backed by the company unconditionally.
I'm really liking this bag. It's simple and well made.
I noticed on their website that some of their products are made in China and some aren't. I'm happy this bag isn't.

I have a couple of Folsom Packer hats, one tin cloth and the other, wool. There stuff is simple and just my speed.

I have a couple of Folsom Packer hats, one tin cloth and the other, wool. There stuff is simple and just my speed.

Totally agree.
I really like their travel kit / bathroom bag. Simple and looks like it would last forever.

Top Bottom