What's new
  • The Annual Sue Moore Auction is now running from 19 - 21 October. Every year proceeds from this auction and all monies raised go directly to the National Breast Cancer Foundation. Please take a look at the items that are available this year, as there is sure to be something of interest to everyone!

My first ever BBS shave with ZERO alum burn.

GUYS GUYS! ok first off I'm waaaay more excited about this than I should be. Second this is the very very first time I have had a BBS shave EVERYWHERE on my face and neck. To what do I attribute this too? BULLFROGGING! I thought nawwww that looks retarded and cant work. Well today I tried it. Fresh out of the shower I tried my first bit of C.O. Bigalow (rebranded proraso green which I also had never tried) shaving cream on my synthetic Maggards 26mm brush. Grabbed my Slim, set that sucker on 5, popped a fresh Pol Silver in it. Three passes later and BAM! BBS everywhere. Now here was the test. I grab my alum block and much to my surprise... no burn... wait.. I go over my neck again... no burn.. NO BURN!!!!!!! I freak out a little and start to faceterbate. I grab some Clubman Pinaud (also first time. Love the smell, a little old manish but in a good way) slather that on and step back. Commence more faceterbating. All because I gave myself a double chin...... Thank you for reading that entire long arse post. Yall have a good night.

I had that happen the other day. New razor with a Personna Red. Fantastic shave. Used the Alum block and had no sting at all. I thought maybe my Alum block had worn out.
Next day I popped in a Lab Blue and went to town. Really close shave. Used the Alum and found out it was alive and well. My face was on fire! Some day I will learn.
Congrats on the BBS.

Awesome! I had a great shave yesterday with my Slim on 5 (first time on that setting). I think that may be the magic number. Here's to many more BBS shaves for you!

Top Bottom