What's new

my first DE shave!

Good News! I finally broke down this morning and shaved for the first time the 1966 L2 gillette superspeed my uncle gave me and a derby 'extra' blade, in addition to my usual bigelow cream and boar brush. after multiple passes my face looked good. although i did catch myself doing the jawline going left to right it didn't bleed bad. I did use what was left of a mach 3 disposable for the last pass only because i couldn't tell if the neck was good or not because of the poor lighting in my bathroom.

Good work and welcome to B&B!

Sounds like your off to a good start. Watch out for the pressure you use with the DE razor and before long that cart razor will be a long forgotten inferior tool in your shaving routine!

Welcome and Congrats on the first shave. The jawline is troublesome for most at first, just keep at it, watch your angle of attack and don't use pressure.

Good News! I finally broke down this morning and shaved for the first time the 1966 L2 gillette superspeed my uncle gave me and a derby 'extra' blade, in addition to my usual bigelow cream and boar brush. after multiple passes my face looked good. although i did catch myself doing the jawline going left to right it didn't bleed bad. I did use what was left of a mach 3 disposable for the last pass only because i couldn't tell if the neck was good or not because of the poor lighting in my bathroom.

That's a great Uncle, did he get the razor new in 60's?

Top Bottom