What's new

My first DE blade purchase.

So I’ve had a de razor for a while now. I use mostly my straights but I picked up a pack of feathers, bic and astra. After maybe 5 years I’ve finally run through the 20 or blades.

This morning I decided to place a large order of blades. I ordered:

100 of the bic Chrome platinum
10 feather hi-stainless
5 astra superior platinum
5 shark super chrome.

I’ve never tried the shark blades but I’ve heard good things about them. Are there any other blades I should have added to try?

In my opinion your choice of 100 Bic Chrome Platinums was a good one! I also like the German made Wilkinson Swords.

In my opinion your choice of 100 Bic Chrome Platinums was a good one! I also like the German made Wilkinson Swords.
Thanks! I had a couple of the bic that I tried before. I liked the smooth but sharpness of them, enjoyed them more than the other blades.

I actually picked up a Wilkinson de that came with a pack of the blades. I will try one out soon.

I actually picked up a Wilkinson de that came with a pack of the blades. I will try one out soon.
You are probably referring to the plastic "Classic Razor". I bought a couple of those while in Germany two years ago, and unfortunately was highly disappointed with the razor itself. I found it bulky and way too mild. Some guys use it regularly with good results. I have many great vintage razors to choose from so don't waste my time trying to get along with the plastic "Classic" razor. However, try the blades in your favorite razor and you may find that you like them.

98778D69-5221-4305-ABFD-E8785B838CCC.jpeg

This is the Wilson one I was talking about

Thanks for the blade tips. I will be looking into a small sample pack of the mentioned blades.

I have tried a multitude of blades. In the early going of my wet shave experiences, I picked up a sample pack to get variety. I have also acquired some blades with razor purchases. My first purchase of a single blade in bulk are the willkinson sword salon pack 100 count for the everyday shave. When I have days of growth, I'll use a sharper blade like Feather or Astra, to make sure I chop it down without so much resistance.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I think that you did pretty good with your selection. You should be fine with all of them.

Top Bottom