What's new

My first dance with Jack.... The Barber not The Dancer.

I must have a look for thse in my local Woolies. TBH ever since i started my wet shave DE journey i don't even glance at the shaving gear in Woolies anymore as i now kind of associate the SM with all the various overpriced cartidges and canned foam lather. What are your thought on the soap? I'm always on the look out for a good soap.

Are there any good aussie artisan soap makers like that *** guy in the states?

Legion

Staff member
I must have a look for thse in my local Woolies. TBH ever since i started my wet shave DE journey i don't even glance at the shaving gear in Woolies anymore as i now kind of associate the SM with all the various overpriced cartidges and canned foam lather. What are your thought on the soap? I'm always on the look out for a good soap.

Are there any good aussie artisan soap makers like that *** guy in the states?
Sad to say, all the Aussie artisan shave soap I have tried has been rubbish.

Jack the Barber shave soap is great, much to my surprise. I picked up two tubs when on special for $6 from the local Woolies. Aussietanker, I agree this is the last place I'd normally look for any shaving gear.

I have been using a triple milled soap for many years and had never used a soft soap, so I was in for a surprise! I also bought the Jack the Barber synthetic brush (also $6) again with low expectations. I had used badger and boar brushes until now. I loaded the brush, almost like usual, and picked up too much shave soap. The lather was awesome & the face was left feeling slick. I liked the firmness of the synthetic brush although it was 'spikier' than the other brushes.

Upon subsequent shaves I'm using the badgers on the soft soaps & the synthetic & boar for the hard soaps. I see the soap is on spetial now for $7.50 so it would be worth buying. Using so little soap, this is going to last a long time; very good value for money.

I found the scent to be very mild, I prefer a stronger scent but for the price who cares? Just use aftershave, that's what it's for. I have heard the soap scent described as sandal wood, but my sandal wood soaps smelt stronger (triple milled soap) and different.

Lefonque

Even more clueless than you
Have picked up the JtB brush at the local woolies. I have to say I had minimum expectations but I was pleasantly surprised.

Top Bottom