What's new

My first couple of weeks....

Well, I made the plunge into straight razor shaving a couple of weeks ago. I went straight from canned goo and Fusions to cream and a straight razor after having my first straight razor shave before my wedding and thoroughly enjoy it :thumbup: . I started with a Dovo Silver Steel and a sample pack from T&H. The first few shaves went as well as could be hoped for, I went slowly and only WTG the first few times to try to work on my technique. After my fair share of small knicks I have moved on to WTG, XTG and ATG passes. As expected it still takes quite a while to shave, but I love every minute of it.

The AD bug has also bitten...I have already ordered a DB 1.5x scuttle to upgrade from my SRD Bulldog designs mug, a tub of Grafton Cream and ASB from T&H, and a few soaps from Mama Bear to try out.

Thank you guys for all of your help and knowledge, I am really enjoying the art of shaving and having a wonderful start to my day. I still have a long way to go, but I am enjoying every minute of it and also learning more and refining my skills and technique.

Chris

Welcome! You were very brave to try your first straight shave just before your wedding but I am glad that everything worked out for you. Good luck with the straight- it does take some time to learn but there is a great satisfaction to be had from shaving with one.

Congrats! You should check out the straight razor forums on this site. There is a bunch of great information. I find shaving with a straight beats any other method I've tried, including a DE. Not only that, but their is something nostalgic about shaving with a straight that makes each shave feel like an event rather than a chore.

Congrats. Check the straight forum there are many of us that have been documenting our journey into the world of straight razors.

Top Bottom