What's new

My first Cerakote on a Phoneix Artisan Accoutrements DOC Razor!

Good morning, ladies and gentlemen. I have been out of the game for quite a while as residency is a cruel mistress but I am very happy to be back in the land of my peers. Those who know me know that I love sending particular razors off to places like razor Emporium or Delta Echo for a touch-up (have a Fat Boy Cubano series brewing!). I have a good friend of mine in town here that does Cerakoting for me and I thought since the Phoenix Grackle (black, "tactical" DOC) and Cubano are always on backorder, I thought I'd see what he could so with a razor. I hope you enjoy these photographs and I hope you all have a wonderful day.

Kindest regards,

Sam

PS: I've missed this place!!
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Welcome back. And, wow. Beautiful piece.
Thank you so very much!!! It's great to be back home. In only three years of wet shaving, I've gone extremely overboard on razors and soaps lolol. The only reason I'm actually on today to catch up with you fine folks is that I have the flu and cannot work since I'm on Hematology/Oncology this month. Thanks again for the reply and ttyl!

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Physician, heal thyself! Bad joke. I'm a psych nurse; all my jokes are bad. I'm off work at present d/t some cardiac issues, so I can relate. I'd much rather have the cardiac issues, to be honest. Flu sucks. Hope you get well soon.

Physician, heal thyself! Bad joke. I'm a psych nurse; all my jokes are bad. I'm off work at present d/t some cardiac issues, so I can relate. I'd much rather have the cardiac issues, to be honest. Flu sucks. Hope you get well soon.
Lol, never. You have my sense of humor. Seems we are both in need of some rest! If you get bored, check out Delta Echo's Cubano series Fat Boy (if you haven't already seen it, of course). I emailed someone from their company a few days ago about a picture I came across of some custom work and it was spectacular. I need to hurry up and finish residency so I can have more money to throw at them. Now I starve just to buy more stuff I don't need haha. I hope you get to feeling better as well, if I can ever be of any service please do not hesitate to ask.

FarmerTan

Have not yet seen the Delta Echo you referenced. Thanks for the kind sentiments. I'm off to look at the Razor I don't need, thanks a lot, lol!

Very classy razor -- and beautiful photos. Nice work. How do you like the shave?
To be quite honest sir, I was very pleased with the double open Combs performance. I was told by a veteran DE shaver that it was not very aggressive however this does come from a guy who uses both the Futur and Fat Boy on max settings. I had my first shave with the finished product today and was very impressed. I still got a great shave and it felt a little smoother to boot. I'll include an image for reference sake of what the original nickel version looks like.
proxy.php

Have not yet seen the Delta Echo you referenced. Thanks for the kind sentiments. I'm off to look at the Razor I don't need, thanks a lot, lol!
I am a Delta Echo fanatic. I recently ordered the Cubano version of the Fatboy and I already own Gillette New in black and titanium. Please enjoy the photos, friends.
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

FarmerTan

I am a Delta Echo fanatic. I recently ordered the Cubano version of the Fatboy and I already own Gillette New in black and titanium. Please enjoy the photos, friends.
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

That top photo is a thing of beauty.

proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

You, sir, are going to cost me some money. Those are some really interesting pieces on their site.

You, sir, are going to cost me some money. Those are some really interesting pieces on their site.
All joking aside, the money is really well spent. The quality really is top notch and they look so amazing you don't even want to use them. Surprisingly after many uses, they still look pristine!

All joking aside, the money is really well spent. The quality really is top notch and they look so amazing you don't even want to use them. Surprisingly after many uses, they still look pristine!

I hope you're happy with yourself, I just payed for one :001_tt1:

I hope you're happy with yourself, I just payed for one :001_tt1:
Congratulations on your new purchase! Which one did you get? Fear not, I'm right there with you. What sucks is waiting the (well worth it) 4-8 weeks to get it.

you sir, are an evil man, and now my mind races to find an old razor and send to them with a custom design I have now swirling in my head.

I like Cerakote. Great for guns, never considered it on razors. Would I be considered insane if I sent off a Toggle to be given a new skin? Hmmm?

Now if I can find a good candidate.... I don't think I could sacrifice a nice one.

Last edited:
Thank you sir! I'm killing two birds with one stone here, as I needed the razor for the collection, and the sweet gunkote job is a bonus. I went with the NEW short comb in bronze and copper. Lead time should get it here right around my birthday!
Congratulations on your new purchase! Which one did you get? Fear not, I'm right there with you. What sucks is waiting the (well worth it) 4-8 weeks to get it.

Top Bottom