What's new

My first carbon footprint: TOMAC

It's very good to see increasing interest in carbon blade shaving. The carbon experience has earned a distinct category in my book. I think in time that more and more wet shavers will come to appreciate these blades.

My interest is certainly piqued Rich, and I want to thank you for helping me kick it up a notch! I'll be trying out the Veri-Sharp tomorrow....

The Gillette Super Blues are coated (silicone?). The TOMAC's you have may also be coated. Other "blue blades" are generally not coated and though sharp, require a slightly different technique. Try them, you may like them.

first de blades were carbon steel..hek in those days they lasted 1 month of shaves..but you had to use em frequently and keep em dry..as rust would set in..dunno about the new ones

Treet has a carbon steel blade lineup and I've tried them all. Only one of variant is black though. They are smooth, very comparable to your experience with this blade haul. Just have to be careful about rust though, removing them from the razor after each shave. They last me about 3 days.

first de blades were carbon steel..hek in those days they lasted 1 month of shaves..but you had to use em frequently and keep em dry..as rust would set in..dunno about the new ones

Maybe back then people were more thrifty and used things until it was not usable at all. You know like soaps that have broken down to small sizes and are not as convenient to use but they still keep them for other uses while most of us would throw them away. Or maybe they made them better in the good ole days or was it false advertisement??

Top Bottom