What's new

My First Boar - Proraso Pro

@rbscebu Seeing your brush in a photo in Arko August thread tells me your brush is not yet fully broken in.
If you see mine you will notice almost all bristle tips are split into three!

The point is, this is a very good brush and later you will enjoy it even more.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
@Miracle, thanks for letting my know. I am going to take a break from my PP boar for a while. I need some variation in my soaps and brushesafter my ARKO August.

I forgot to mention that over the past four shaves with this bush, I did not rinse the lather out after the shave. I just let the brush dry with the residue lather in it.

My theory with this drying method is that the drying lather particles will start to fill in any microscope holes in the boar bristles. Hopefully this will help to reduce the lather eating I was experiencing. It may be working.

The residual lather may even hasten the tip slitting 🤔.
That’s what I’ve done from the start of my wet shaving journey and shaving brush routine. Maybe it was initially done from laziness, but it saves in soap and it keeps my brushes more firm with backbone as I only soak and then load the brush, then face lather and then dry the brush upside down. If it’s a boar brush I rotate so I don’t use the same one for a few days to a week or more.

My first shaving brush I used for 2 years straight. It was a Razorock Snowman synthetic and I did this same routine with that brush. Being it was synthetic it dried between the 24 hours in between shaves. The bristles are stiff and hardened even after soaking for 10 seconds and loading for 5 seconds, and only after face lathering do the bristles soften up a bit. That’s what I’m used to and that’s what I like. Probably a bit unconventional but I wouldn’t do it any other way now that I found what works for me.

Last edited:
Top Bottom