What's new

My first attempt

So here is my first attempts at a re-knot, and "making" a brush.

The 400 was actually unused. It was kind of sad to have to cut the knot out of it, but it was so dry and stiff it would not break in at all. I tried soaking overnight, washing, conditioning, beating the crap out of it in some severely abusive lathering..... It would just spring back to the original shape. I couldn't even get a single hair to splay out.
So I broke down and decided to put a new knot in it. After discussing it with the "boss", we decided to keep the original look and went with a boar knot from Whipped Dog.

I polished it up, filled the handle with silicone to add a little weight to it, and set the knot. (Also with silicone as it was on hand, and easier to remove if I screwed up.)

The other one is one I mentioned to @August West about doing quite a while ago, and I finally got around to doing it. Black badger knot also from Larry, and Kevin as the handle.

DSC_0276.JPG

That will make you smile everyday!
Love the cabinet. I'm sure that already makes you smile. :a17:
Yes it does. My father-in-law built it for me. I gave him the design I wanted, and got the stain and some of the leftover cherry from my dads that we built the rest of the bathroom cabinets out of when I remodeled it.

On the left side, you can see the edge of the wife's jewelry box he made also. It has a mirror front though instead of clear. I got stuff stacked on the top of that too.... As well as on and in my medicine cabinet, beside my sink, and 3 drawers full...

Yes it does. My father-in-law built it for me. I gave him the design I wanted, and got the stain and some of the leftover cherry from my dads that we built the rest of the bathroom cabinets out of when I remodeled it.

On the left side, you can see the edge of the wife's jewelry box he made also. It has a mirror front though instead of clear. I got stuff stacked on the top of that too.... As well as on and in my medicine cabinet, beside my sink, and 3 drawers full...

Nice. Comes with history pre-installed.

I hate to say this because the 400 is awesome, but the minion brush steals the show! One of the coolest brushes I've ever seen. Great idea!

I hate to say this because the 400 is awesome, but the minion brush steals the show! One of the coolest brushes I've ever seen. Great idea!
Thanks! It was originally intended as a bit of a joke, but I'm really happy with it. Going to give it it's first run tonight.

Thanks guys!

Now I guess the hunt is on for more minions.... I hope they will be easier to find than that one was. I found a lot of minions, but finding one that would make a good handle was a challenge.

So lather and post shave pics. Lather is a little airy, but I didn't have a bowl out and face lathered, rinsed it, and THEN remembered I wanted a pic...... So I whipped up a quick one in my soaking bowl, but didn't have enough room to really whip it up good. Enough you get the idea though.

DSC_0280.JPG

DSC_0281.JPG

Top Bottom