What's new

My first AD

I just acquired my first AD since I started shaving with a DE, ASAD.

In the last month, I have purchased all of the Pinuad Clubman line except Vanilla, Virgin Islands Bay Rum and Lime Sec. I just don’t think I would care for any of these after doing the research on them. I have Gents Gin, Brandy Spice and Whiskey Woods on the way.

All I can say is that this line of products will be the only AS in my cabinet from now on.

Clubman original is classic. It reminds me of going to the barbershop with my pawpaw. It goes with almost any soap.
The Veg is great with my lavender soaps. I love the staying power.
Special Reserve pairs great with my sandlewood soaps. Great staying power and very masculine. My wife didn’t care for it after smelling the bottle but when I put it on , she didn’t want me to go to work.
Citrus Musk pairs well with my lime scented soaps. The citrus scent comes out clear up front and then settles into a great soft musk that will work great for casual dinners and get-togethers.
Clubman Musk is quite subtle and simple. It’s more like the scents I wore in high school and in the Air Force.

Once I complete the full collection, my ASAD will be temporarily satiated. At least until it’s time to replenish my stock.

If you haven’t tried any of the Clubman products, I highly encourage you to do so. If you don’t like something you try, I’ll be happy to take it off your hands.

Happy shaving.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
A little glycerin helps the Pinauds ...by and large, their scents are great.

VIBR certainly is a classic and I like Like Sec, too.

I keep forgetting to try Whiskey Woods ...

AA

A little glycerin helps the Pinauds ...by and large, their scents are great.

VIBR certainly is a classic and I like Like Sec, too.

I keep forgetting to try Whiskey Woods ...

AA

The general consensus on VIBR is that it’s very strong and clovey. Definitely not something I’m in favor of.

Likewise, the general comments on the Sec is too citrusy. Very heavy on the lime up front. My lime soap is very subtle lime in the middle.

The Vanilla may get tried after reading about it on here though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't forget to try their secondary lines, Jerris and Lustray. I prefer the Jerris Musk to Clubman Musk and the Dragon Noir is very nice, so much that my wife has taken it over.

I like the Lime Sec because it's a strong blast of Lime with no powdery scent and then it goes away and at the same time leaving a great face feel. I use the Citrus Musk when I want it to last longer.

Special Reserve and Clubman are what I use the most. The wife really likes the SR, as you have said, she doesn't want me to go to work - lol.

You picked a good AD:) Don’t forget Avon made some great aftershaves! Enjoy Pinaud, great scents, definitely a classic!

IHMO, every Pinaud offering is worth a try!! (Even the Veg: as someone who is definitely not chosen.)

That said, Clubman is my absolute favorite and a true classic!! :a29:

Top Bottom