What's new

My Fifth (and DEFINITELY FINAL!) Matching Seven-Day Set (M7DS)

Picked up from my engraver yesterday. Being Gold Dollar W59's, the names in Chinese.

For those whose Chinese is getting a little rusty, Monday is at the top of the pic with Sunday at the bottom.

Now that I have five M7DS's complete, I'm going to take a break for a while and rotate through them all a few times.

My next project might be to modify 4 identical SR's so that I have a set of each point type; Dutch, French, Spanish, square (is that American?) and spike.
What’s this “taking a break” you speak of?

GD will shave if honed properly, steel is OK to good. Also the have different price points so some are better than others. So it up to your interpretation/expectation of what’s good compared to something else... I personally want something better, so vintage razors are my passion. That said I have a cheap 208 finished on a Thuri that’s as smooth as butter, craps scales but good shaver...

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
Beautiful Razors! I'm not sure about Gold Dollars. Are they good razors?
The only Gold Dollars that I have shaved with are the W59's. I very much like their exaggerated Spanish point that I keep very sharp and pointed. Their Spanish point may be intimidating to some but I enjoy shaving with it.

With a normal price of about USD 30 to 40, the GD W59 is not a cheap GD. Once honed up to my liking, I am very pleased with the resulting shaves.

Last edited:

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
Yesterday (31 Dec 2020) I took a day of work and committed myself to finishing of the edges in my Chinese M7DS. They all look very good and test perfectly sharp (for me).

Over the next couple of weeks I will shave with my Chinese M7DS to properly test the edges and and bring them all up to the same edge standard. That should then complete all of my five M7DS's. Then I will start looking into natural stone finished.

Top Bottom