What's new

My "feminine" travel bag

So my fiancé and I are taking a quick mini vacation this weekend. My first wet shave travel and I had to pack.....:blink:What the heck do I do?? Now on my last trip to the wild I had managed to acquire a closed comb Gillette in case so I was covered there, but my fear was destroying the shavemac brush I had stolen borrowed from him. I love that brush because it lathers up the product so well for me. So I packed up my vintages clothing (no small task) and I came across an old Coach bag.....and VIOLA gents: the worlds classiest (and most expensive lol shave bag)
$image.jpg$image.jpg$image.jpg
Inside you'll find my:
gillette DE
TOBS grapefruit (teamTOBS)
razorock king Louis lavender aftershave wax
treehill mango Shea butter
gentlemen Jon alum block
shavemac brush
and even the fiancé's Edwin Jagger brush
so thanks for checking it out.
cheers gents
View attachment 449253

Nice kit. For future trips, stop by any drugstore and ask to buy/obtain a couple large sized prescription bottles (if you don't have any already empty you can use). Drill air holes in the lid and the base, and bingo, shave brush travel tube. Works awesome to protect a brush in a travel kit.

What. No fanny pack?
Not if it was the last bag on earth or even if Coach made one!

Nice kit. For future trips, stop by any drugstore and ask to buy/obtain a couple large sized prescription bottles (if you don't have any already empty you can use). Drill air holes in the lid and the base, and bingo, shave brush travel tube. Works awesome to protect a brush in a travel kit.
i have zillions of RX bottles will have to try this

You can also use a toilet paper tube as protector, until you get a bottle.
you sir have waaaaaay to much time on your hands lol:lol:

Ohhh....fantastic idea!

If you are going the Rx bottle route, use or ask for the biggest one they have. I found that the tall wide bottle works the best. I have two, as the bottle is wide enough for used blades as well. Plus it has a child proof lid.

Muhle makes a very nice adjustable travel brush tube as well. It would match the Muhle razor leather case which has room for 2 blade tucks. Edwin Jagger makes a similar case with a slightly different aesthetic.

Personally, I leave the brush, soap, and razors at home and just ghetto it by taking a travel sized foam can and a mach 3 or disposable. Makes traveling light and easy and don't have to worry about drying the brush or potentially getting them lost.

Bringing the term "merse" to all time new levels.

Back in the days before the airlines got so persnickety about carryons it was customary that you could have two carry-on bags, but purses didn't count. Well, I have a nice leather shoulder bag that I would use, and on the rare occasion that anyone said something I would just point to a woman's purse. That would shut down the objection pretty quickly.

One day, at O'Hare I think, some gate checker objected rather strongly. After a short exchange I simply loudly proclaimed that it was my purse!

A number of passengers chuckled, and a supervisor quickly came over and told the gate agent to let it go.

So, ladies, I'm sorry, but I'm partly responsible for getting your pocketbooks declared a carryon.

Last edited:
Top Bottom