What's new

My Favourite - Blue's Soap Goat Milk and Animal Fat From New Zealand Shaving Soap

For science, I tried it this morning. Easy enough to lather, no complaints on the post-shave. . . But I ended up with more irritation and weepers than usual. Might be 100% user error, but given its mysterious origins I'm a bit suspicious of the product.

Just got rid of mine one today... I could not like the scent. Otherwise it was perfect.

Tapatalkkal küldve az én Redmi Note 2 eszközömről

This soap is still in my rotation and I enjoy it when it comes up for use every couple of months or so.

It's a nice, clean and refreshing scent. I tend to add less water to the mix and find it performs very well.

Mine arrived today and I did a quick lather test. I have to go out to Men's Group. So I will try it tomorrow.
Very slick and easy to lather. The scent is mild and I think has a very faint citrus smell I am actually looking forward to trying it and if it's good I will order more.
proxy.php

proxy.php

I didn't load the brush anywhere near enough but for enough lather for 3 passes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine arrived today and I did a quick lather test. I have to go out to Men's Group. So I will try it tomorrow.
Very slick and easy to lather. The scent is mild and I think has a very faint citrus smell I am actually looking forward to trying it and if it's good I will order more.
proxy.php

proxy.php

I didn't load the brush anywhere near enough but for enough lather for 3 passes.

You won't be dissapointed when you shave with it tomorrow...Great protection slickness, and post shave feeling, but YMMV...It's always been a pleasurable experience when i've shaved with it..A s for been wary of ingredients..it's no worse than what's in the so called "artisian soaps".... well maybe the odd Goat's eyeball & a few dead flies thrown in for good measure.:001_tt2:...No seriously it's fine,it's because it's made in china some people assume if you shave with it you'll glow up in the dark..its perfectly safe..i haven't yet started to grow another head, since i first shaved with it...We only fear, what we don't understand...:001_302:

You won't be dissapointed when you shave with it tomorrow...Great protection slickness, and post shave feeling, but YMMV...It's always been a pleasurable experience when i've shaved with it..A s for been wary of ingredients..it's no worse than what's in the so called "artisian soaps".... well maybe the odd Goat's eyeball & a few dead flies thrown in for good measure.:001_tt2:...No seriously it's fine,it's because it's made in china some people assume if you shave with it you'll glow up in the dark..its perfectly safe..i haven't yet started to grow another head, since i first shaved with it...We only fear, what we don't understand...:001_302:

I was really surprised about how easily it lathered too. It's the hardest soap I have. It will be interesting to see how my Zenith Manchurian brush .....

I was really surprised about how easily it lathered too. It's the hardest soap I have. It will be interesting to see how my Zenith Manchurian brush .....

I can't comment on that, because i only have Semogue boars, + a few different synthetic brushes.as you said for a hard soap it quite easy to get a good lather in no time..and it doesn't require a quick bloom either...if i was to be picky about it, the scent of it doesn't get top marks, but for performance, it matches other soaps, three times it's price.Regards.:001_rolle

The scent my son described perfectly it's Lemon Lime and Bitters but very mild.

The scent my son described perfectly it's Lemon Lime and Bitters but very mild.

That's a spot on interpretation from your son..I've been thinking how to describe it..Tell your son to start doing shaving soap scent reviews!:thumbup1:

I have a yin yang opinion of this soap. I found I had to bloom it with a long load to get it to work. Good scent - a soupcon of citrus with an ephemeral hint of how you would say "shoe polish". Easy to lather but required more water than others. I found a badger brush worked much better on this soap than a boar brush. Slippery but not the best on protection/cushion; this led to a slightly closer shave. This hard soap is not drying at all and has a slight moisturizing post-shave effect. There was no lingering smell with the product - a plus for me.

Overall, worth a try for the money. At least you will have a metal soap container for subsequent use.

Is it just me or does the lid say "animal fots"? That font or maybe its fant is tough to read but the a is clearly an a in the word animal which makes me think that fot is the intended word. Just a type-o for someone who doesn't speak english primarily or an intended deception to make us all think there are fats in this soap when in fact they have collected fots from animals and put them in the soap instead?:huh:

I bought a tin because of the cheap price and favorable reviews. I've only used it
a few times and it does the job, but nothing special. I much prefer the even less
expensive Razo Rock soaps which have better scents.

I bought a tin because of the cheap price and favorable reviews. I've only used it
a few times and it does the job, but nothing special. I much prefer the even less
expensive Razo Rock soaps which have better scents.

Whilst i dislike razorock soaps, i must agree that the blues soap is nothing special.

It's a nice soap with a pleasant fragrance which gets the job done, that's about it.

As an update, at some point I ended up tossing this product and using the tin for samples. I don't have quite as much free time as I used to, and I'm now obligated to shave more often (= less recovery time), so constantly experimenting in an attempt to get acceptable shaves is no longer as appealing as it was. I have too many other soaps to use and/or try for me to "waste" shaves on this particular product.

The Blue's Soap I have just received is made in New Zealand.
Made says New Zealand on the tin, might as well say Tin Buck Two. I'm not sure where it's really from or what the ingredients are. Makes a decent lather and gets the job done.

Is it just me or does the lid say "animal fots"? That font or maybe its fant is tough to read but the a is clearly an a in the word animal which makes me think that fot is the intended word. Just a type-o for someone who doesn't speak english primarily or an intended deception to make us all think there are fats in this soap when in fact they have collected fots from animals and put them in the soap instead?:huh:

This made me lol. I zoomed in and it certainly does look like it says ‘fots.’ Maybe the fots are the secret ingredient!

I wonder if the formulation has changed. Initial posts about this soap look good. I myself, after trying it twice, have ended up with relatively more irritation than the other soaps I have. Granted my other soaps are powerhouses like Proraso, TOBS, and Arko. It does produce a good lather, but, it seems to dry up quickly; I had to constantly add more water. Not much residual slickness either. On top of that, it leaves quite a stubborn residue when I try to rinse off my bowl with my brush. Well, I suppose this a "get what you paid for" soap.

Attachments

• GoatSoap2.jpg
    GoatSoap2.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 15
Top Bottom