What's new

My favoritest in the wild finds so far

So to me finding gear in the wild borders on pure joy. I have not had many finds but the ones I have had have been memorable. FWIW I don't have any of my previous "in the wild" finds anymore. They were fabulous to find, I cleaned and used them but in the end, not for me. This trend has ended. Behold:

20191008_214851.jpg
20191008_214848.jpg
20191008_214840.jpg
20191008_214836.jpg
20191008_214831.jpg

The newest addition to my collection, an L and an I. The I has the words I have been seeking: "Eversharp Schick". The only injector after my E2, date wise, that I haven't tried. The L looks almost new. It had a blade in it, which I replaced with a twin after an isopropyl rinse. The clone is the PAA one, for whatever that is worth. The L has some water spots on it, much like my clone does as well. The condition doesn't warrant any further attention. The I however is a different matter.

Before I move on to the reveal, I am going to mention the price. The I is cased, and the case is in fairly good shape for it's age. It still swings open and shut and all that. The L is not cased, but it was $3. The I was $8, because it had the case. So, $11 to aquire a pair of razors I have been saving searches on on ebay, for a bit more. I have yet to find a Eversharp Schick model I was ok with the condition and price combination. @ $8 I couldn't let it go. When I came across the L it had no price. I asked the lady and she said where is its box. I said it didn't have one but the black beauty you have back there is cased so maybe you are thinking of that one. She agreed and said it was like $3 or $4 since it didn't have it's box. So she went with $3. I paid for them and left them there since we were out drinking and there was some other stuff we purchased as well and we didn't want to lug it around while we were drinking at the bars in Sanford. We went back tonight to pick everything up and do a trivia night.

My wife went to bed and I went to work. Ta da:

20191008_225745.jpg
20191008_225724 (2).jpg

I'm sure when I spend some more time polishing the nooks I can get that last bit of old gold wash off. Or, i'll let it patina a little bit and the whole thing will just blend anyway. Either way for $8 I couldn't be happier with how it turned out. I wish I could capture the shine of the brass with my camera. The pictures don't do it justice.

Now the dilemma, which one to use tomorrow?

Nice finds. As far as which to use depends if you are feeling mild or wild. If mild go with the Type L or that Type I with a Schick II twin blade and if wild then the Type I with a single edge injector blade. Also that particular Type I injector was made between 1957 - 1960, the Type L could be anywhere between 1967 - 1982.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Great finds and a great clean up. Thanks for sharing your wild finds with us.

I went with the I with a twin. It was everything I was hoping for. Tomorrow will be the L, followed by the clone afterwards for comparison.

That particular Type I is the later model hydro magic without the hydro magic lever. The later hydro magic razors have the longer lever with writing on them, the earlier ones have a shorter lever with no writing. That razor and the J1 which is also the same razor just different handle which is also stamped Eversharp Schick happen to be some of the most aggressive injectors Schick ever made. The only other model that approaches these are the adjustables set up around 8 on the dial. The only injector I've used that is even more aggressive is the Type E1. You should have no problem shaving with any other Schick injector if you can handle that Type I using a single edge blade.

The L clone and L pretty much shave identically. There are subtle differences, a MM of handle here and a degree of head angle there. The end result is that the results are pretty much identical

Top Bottom