What's new

My Favorite So Far - Henri et Victoria

Hello gentleman. just a quick review of my favorite soap so far, Duc de Santal by Henri et Victoria. It's made in Canada, Quebec to be precise, and J'aime les Francais Filles.:tongue_sm It smells wonderful and quite masculine, and is very easy to achieve a great lather. I have tried the the triple milled pucks with little success.

Beautifully scented soap and a good performer for sure, but the price hike makes it not worth it for me anymore. At $21.50 CAD for 4oz it wasn't too hard to justify. The ingredient list is pretty simplistic, which is great in its own way, but I can get more soap with a nicer ingredient list with as good a scent if not better for less than the $26.50 it goes for now. Given that you mentioned the triple milled version, I do want to say that $35 CAD a puck is outrageous. While I can only assume that supply costs account for the $5 jump on the flagship soap, I can't imagine why any soap need cost $35 unless you're hand milking a unicorn to add to an already superfatted soap.

Henri et Victoria is awesome stuff. I have the Duc de Santal and also the Cognac and Cuban Cigars. I want to try more of their products. Not much of a burn with them. In fact, quite soothing.

Henri et Victoria is awesome stuff. I have the Duc de Santal and also the Cognac and Cuban Cigars. I want to try more of their products. Not much of a burn with them. In fact, quite soothing.
Oh, wait! You're talking about their soaps. My mistake. Well, I can vouch for the scents which I assume would be consistent.

Duc de Santal and C&CC are two of my favorite scents in all of wet shaving.

Have you tried sv soaps? If so how do they compare?

The SV soaps are a noticeably more moisturizing post shave. That may be a benefit or a detriment depending on your skin.

SV scents tend to be more cologne-like and not as interesting or distinctive as Henri et Victoria. Ymmv.

Duc de Santal and C&CC are two of my favorite scents in all of wet shaving.

The SV soaps are a noticeably more moisturizing post shave. That may be a benefit or a detriment depending on your skin.

SV scents tend to be more cologne-like and not as interesting or distinctive as Henri et Victoria. Ymmv.
Good to hear thanks!

Hello gentleman. just a quick review of my favorite soap so far, Duc de Santal by Henri et Victoria. It's made in Canada, Quebec to be precise, and J'aime les Francais Filles.:tongue_sm It smells wonderful and quite masculine, and is very easy to achieve a great lather. I have tried the the triple milled pucks with little success.
How does it compare to sv?

Top Bottom