What is your favorite Razor?

• Merkur HD

• Fatboy

• Tech

• Gem

• Straight

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
My favorite used to be the Merkur 1904. But it's been edged out by "The Sledgehammer": Merkur 38C. It is awe-inspiring: the weight of a sledgehammer combined with the precision of a scalpel.

I never dreamed this would be a real poll... But but since it went from the poll testing area to here:

My favorite razor hands down, bar none is the Merkur HD, loaded with a sharp Feather.

My chrome Merkur Heavy Duty Classic Straight Bar Razor #34C (the HD), works so well for me that my two gold Merkur slants (#37G) sit in a drawer and I have no desire to try other razors including the new Merkur 38C. I have held the Merkur Long Handle Classic in an Art of Shaving store and vastly prefer the HD Classic in my hand.

JimT

My chrome Merkur Heavy Duty Classic Straight Bar Razor #34C (the HD), works so well for me that my two gold Merkur slants (#37G) sit in a drawer and I have no desire to try other razors including the new Merkur 38C. I have held the Merkur Long Handle Classic in an Art of Shaving store and vastly prefer the HD Classic in my hand.
JimT
TWO gold Slants!!! There must be a story there. One for each hand?

But if you really don't want them, I'm sure you could unload them here easily enough...

You guys are an influence on me. I have about two dozen Gillettes, my favorite being the 40's Super Speed. But I have just ordered a Merkur HD just because so many of you guys rave about it. I had them include a tube of Proraso Green too, just to see what all the fuss is about. You guys are costing me money.

I'm about to order my first Merkur after making the jump to DE shaving and Letterk's sampler pack-yet to try the Feather blades-I'm hoping someone here can recommend a nice Merkur in addition to my Gillette adjustable...Thks!

AOS Pre-Shave oil
Proraso soap
AOS Alum Bar
Proraso AS Balm

You guys are an influence on me. I have about two dozen Gillettes, my favorite being the 40's Super Speed. But I have just ordered a Merkur HD just because so many of you guys rave about it. I had them include a tube of Proraso Green too, just to see what all the fuss is about. You guys are costing me money.

The HD + Feather + Tabac = Nirvana

(couldn't resist.)

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
The Merkur HD is Sublime...The Merkur 38C Superb.... and I used to like vintage Gillettes! I still appreciate the beauty of the Gillettes...but as of NOW I don't own a single one...just 2 Merkurs...the HD and the 38C.....both highly recommended!

I'm about to order my first Merkur after making the jump to DE shaving and Letterk's sampler pack-yet to try the Feather blades-I'm hoping someone here can recommend a nice Merkur in addition to my Gillette adjustable...Thks!

Welcome to the DE world!
Nice Merkurs : HD, 1904, 38C. Any or all of those are great. My personal favorite is the 38C (The Sledgehammer), their latest model. But if you want fancy, there's the Progress or Vision. And then there's brute of the lot--the Slant. As always, YMMV.

Happy road testing. Watch out for them feathers on the curves!

Dunno really, I don't really have an absolute favourite razor as such. I very much enjoy shaving with any of the razors I own.

If I had to choose from razor/blade combos which have given me the best shaves so far though, I would probably say the Progess with a Derby or IP, and the Slant with a Swedish Gillette. There are also certain combos I haven't yet tried (say, the Slant/Feather combo for instance, which a lot of people seem to speak highly of.)

The poll is missing some staples: Slant, Futur, and Progress. As far as DE razors, my favorite is the Progress. As far as the Progress vs a straight razor, I'd pick a straight razor.

Top Bottom