What's new

My Favorite Pipe tobacco

I'm fairly new to pipe smoking and for the last 6 months I've tried many different tobaccos. One has really stood out as my favorite. It's one that was recommended on this forum, Peterson of Dublin Irish Cask. To me this stuff is in a class by itself. I love it. If someone hasn't tried this tobacco yet I recommend you give it a try. You won't be sorry.

seabee1999

On the lookout for new chicks
I have it saved to a wishlist of tobaccos on SmokingPipes. Will have to get a tin of it in the coming months. Thank you for sharing your experience with this blend.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
Glad you like it. :thumbup1:

I have a tin stashed away for future too. I do like the tobaccos that have a hint (or sometimes more than a hint) of something else, without being a full on aromatic. I've found the Cavendish added as a tobacco in its own right, rather than just a "sponge" to soak up flavours, can be quite a welcome addition too.

To me it taste distinctively different than most other tobaccos. Very enjoyable. I notice it does seem to burn fast. I only did one bowl so far so I'm not sure if that is so. Maybe it just seemed fast because I was enjoying it so much.

Lefonque

Even more clueless than you
Samuel Gawith - Squadron Leader

T
his is my favourite.

Squadron Leader, a mild, medium body english smoke. Similar to Dunhill's Early Morning Pipe but with Gawith's strong, bold, earthy virginias. This is a great English style with flavor and just enough taste to be an all day smoker.

Lancer Slices (used to be blended by Chas Fairmorn, can't recall who makes it now) is my favorite bulk tobacco, Samuel Gawith's Commonwealth is my favorite tinned tobacco. The more Latakia the better.

But I have a fondness for Presbyterian, Sqadron Leader, Skiff, Nat Sherman 536 (until it runs out, another favorite discontinued) and the drug-store OTC blends of my youth.

I'm working through a tin with the Irish Oak label. I first smoked it on an empty stomach and found it gave me the dizzies. Strange. It hasn't hit me like that since. I like the blend. I wouldn't call it my favorite but I would be tempted to buy it again.

Top Bottom