What's new

My Favorite Indian Shaving Creams

Not sure if anyone of you are familiar with Indian made shaving creams.
I've been wet shaving for over 20 years and I've tried lots of soaps and creams. But I keep coming back to these Indian made ones every now and then. They are great. Especially the Vi John ones. In terms of performance, they're very similar to Arko as far as lathering and slickness are concerned. The scents are really nice especially the Fruit Passion type. Not at all over powering. These creams don't leave your face feeling dry at all.
I get each tube for USD0.70 from my supplier here in Malaysia. Very very cheap indeed. Probably expensive to order these from outside Asia due to shipping cost. But I highly recommend these creams. You have to try it!
proxy.php
proxy.php

Sent from my CPH1969 using Tapatalk

All these are a dollar a tube or 1.5 at most in India. Creams like Godrej, Old spice, Gillette, Vicco sandalwood, Park Avenue and Dettol are good creams - lather bombs, to be precise.
I agree. Very good creams indeed. I love the Old Spice cream a lot. Really fantastic. Love the scent of those creams.
proxy.php

Sent from my CPH1969 using Tapatalk

By far the best I've ever used
71aL3PB8XYL.jpg

Nothing I've tried in 4 years even comes close. I've used TOBS, Godrej, Old Spice, King of Shaves and Nivea, but this one just blows everything else out of the water.

And the worst thing is that you can only get it in India. I just picked one up on my way to the airport and cannot wait to load a dozen of these the next time I'm back home. Ebay has some options from reputable sellers, so I might try that if air-travel remains off the table.

The tea tree oil is really good for people with sensitive skin. And finishing with a Proraso after shave has done wonders for my skin.

It's a shame that Vicco cream in the box featuring the mysterious and moustachioed Vicco Man is becoming harder and harder to find. Well, harder to find on the Internet anyway.

InShot_20211123_185819957.jpg

My collection of Indian Shaving creams. I used to use them alot when traveling cause they were super easy to lather and almost all of them had a good post shave feel too since most feature lanolin in their ingredients. The best performing of the bunch imo is the Vi-John, it has lanolin+ vitamin E +tea tree oil which is quite a nice cream.

Top Bottom