What's new

My favorite blades

I would of if I had some, I did some limited research and found these had similar widths as the Kai.
I got a Sputnik in the Mysteree-X blade challenge and was planning to use it in a turned-up Slim (8 has been the sweet spot for the X-Series blade) but now I'm starting to wonder if that will be too aggressive with the extra width.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I got a Sputnik in the Mysteree-X blade challenge and was planning to use it in a turned-up Slim (8 has been the sweet spot for the X-Series blade) but now I'm starting to wonder if that will be too aggressive with the extra width.
That is interesting question, if it was my self I would turn your slim down to 6 and if not happy go up or down from there IMO.
They should not be overly aggressive even at 8 I'm thinking but the sweet spot for you on a regular blade is 8 on your slim.

That is interesting question, if it was my self I would turn your slim down to 6 and if not happy go up or down from there IMO.
They should not be overly aggressive even at 8 I'm thinking but the sweet spot for you on a regular blade is 8 on your slim.
I'll keep it at 8 for science! I'll give it a gentle touch and see how it responds. If it's a bad pairing, I'll switch it to my NEW SC for the next shave.

Excellent choices. Gillette makes some great blades. Hard to source now, but if you can put your hands on some old stock Bleue Extra blades, they are excellent as well.
I have about 75 of those Bleue Extra blades, they are very good indeed, i wonder if they are the same as the Gillette Silver Blue's. Does anybody know this?

Blades Gillete yellow.jpg

😍

Favorite blade is the Voshkod.
I have some 7 o'clock yellows, Personna's, and some Astra Greens as well.
Purchased a Rex Konsul and have been struggling to find a good blade to use.
Love the Voshkod's in my 34C but they don't seem to work in this razor.
Need to pick up some Kai and feather to try in the Konsul. Sharper seems to be better than mild for me in this razor.

Top Bottom