What's new

My favorite blades

So far for me with my limited 3 months of daily wet shaving experience:
1. Bic Chrome Platinum
2. Astra (green pack)
3. Wilkinson Sword (USA)
Using them on a Merkur 23C & Parker 97R!

OP I like your top 5 except I would take out the Persona and replace it with Rapira; and although I love Astra blades I would replace those with Feather.

For me, at the moment I’m enjoying alternating 7 O’clocks and Personna med preps. I have been meaning to give Nacets another shot, too. First one I tried was good, not great, but I think my lather has come a long way since then. I’ve discovered that makes a big difference in the way a blade feels.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Over my 5 years traditional WetShaving I have a ultimate affinity towards Russian Made Gillettes. ⚔️ Their blades in general just love my skin and beard! Another thing I’ve noticed is mostly anything platinum coated really gets me smooth close shaves. 🤞🏻🤩Here are my favorite blades I’ve come to love over the years. And I’m not the type to differentiate between blades, if I would put on a blindfold and picked a random blade out of my favorites, I probably couldn’t tell you which was which because they all work for me. 🤷🏼‍♂️ And they also work in every single Razor I’ve never had.
My top 5 is 👇🏻

💈😁🤙🏻💈

Gillette Silver Blue
Gillette Nacet
Gillette Permasharp
Personna Platinum Crome (Reds)
Astra SP (Greens)

Honorable mentions…

Treet Platinums
Gillette Super Thin
Sharp Star
PolSilver
Crystals
Shaver Boy
Gillette Platinums
7 o’clock Permasharp (greens)
Rapira Platinum Lux
Bic Platinum Crome
Tiger Platinums
Sputnik
Shark (both kinds I guess)
Nothing wrong with that top list IMO!
Kai SS DE blades are excellent for mild razors if you have a few of those razors or the Gillette Sputnik are also the extra wide blade that are great for mild razors, Kai has longer blade life. Kai DE & Sputnik DE are 9/1000 wider that a standard Gillette Astra SS blade.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Nothing wrong with that top list IMO!
Kai SS DE blades are excellent for mild razors if you have a few of those razors or the Gillette Sputnik are also the extra wide blade that are great for mild razors, Kai has longer blade life. Kai DE & Sputnik DE are 9/1000 wider that a standard Gillette Astra SS blade.
I didn't know this about the Sputnik!

Why haven't you told me this before?! I thought we were friends, my friend!

I have four favorite blades, which offer different shaving experiences:

- FEATHER
- PERMA-SHARP (I wish they were not Gillette)
- Personna Platinum
- PAA Strangelet

I enjoy having these different blades from which to chose each day I shave.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I have joined the USA made Personna Lab Blue camp.
I really need to make a post, but I'm such an "in demand" personality that I have been too busy to document my last shave on Saturday evening, but I used a Personna Red blade that @dmshaver gifted me! It needs another use to confirm my initial findings, but I was VERY impressed. With my luck they are "unobtainium!"

My favorites are:

1. Voskhod blades.
2. Gillette Silver Blue.
3. Rapira Platinum Lux.
4. Gillette Perma-Sharp Supers.

Blades I want to try are Persona blue, Persona Red, Gillette Platinum and Astra SP.

When I decided on my list of favorite blades, I was shaving primarily with Techs, Slim Adjustables and Superspeeds. My criteria was to simply get a smooth shave along my neck under my chin without any irritation.
I began expanding my razor inventory to older Gillette models (LC, SC, Goodwill, Sheraton, 3 piece Old Types). Shaves with the Old Types continued close & irritation free, but none of my other 'oldies' seemed to effortlessly shave without irritation & nicks; none shaved as close with my favorite blades (with a couple of exceptions). Reading of other's experiences with carbon steel blades, I decided to try some Treet Black Beauties. While mediocre in my Techs and newer razors, they gave my expected close, smooth and irritation free shaves in the older razors. The OldType i the exception - it works well with any blade I decide to use
I'll continue to use only carbon steel blades in my older razors, and have several different types enroute to me from www.razorbladesclub.com. I expect the new arrival carbon blades to shave as well as the Black Beauties and New Edge. I've also read good reviews of the Treet Super Power blades - supposedly more useful shave longevity than the other carbon steel blades.

My Favorites, in no particular order:
BiC Platinum
Voskhod
GSB
Super Max Blue Diamond & Blue Diamond Titanium
Astra SP
Lab Blues
Rapira Lux
Lord Platinum

Top Bottom