What's new

My Fatip, Joris, Schone, Collection and Journey 2018 and Beyond.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Maybe I need to come up with a plan to talk you into trying a Voskhod again. I'm not sure I have any GSB's left though so I cant join you in misery haha.
Yeah, Maybe you could say something like try a Voskhod in that Roedter you haven't tried yet. :behead:

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
No Mike, No it wouldn't.

one-flew-over-2.jpg

Raven Koenes

My precious!
SOTD: :001_wub:
Razor: Fatip Grande c
Blade: Shark Platinum (4)
Brush: Omega S10081
Soap: Fine Lavender Pour Homme
Aftershave: Reuzel
026_50.jpg

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Blade: Shark Platinum (5)
Brush: Omega S10065
Soap: Fine Lavender Pour Homme
Aftershave: Reuzel
030_50.jpg

Today was another fantastic finish to the week. Next week's line up will be the same Fatip Grande using the same Shark Platinum blade. My brushes will be my APShaveco and Maggard 22mm synths. I will use Cyril R Salter Fresh Mint for a cream, and Pinaud Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum for a splash.

Last edited:

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
I hear great things about CRS French Vetiver. My nephew just got an order and a tub was in it. He said it smells so good hes trying to figure out how to get iit in the air vents of his truck, in his pillow and make a laundry soap that smells just like it lol.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
I hear great things about CRS French Vetiver. My nephew just got an order and a tub was in it. He said it smells so good hes trying to figure out how to get iit in the air vents of his truck, in his pillow and make a laundry soap that smells just like it lol.
I absolutely love CRS French Vetiver. It's the real deal straight up. I concur with your nephew. Although, you should get him to let you sample the scent before you buy it. It's not for the faint of heart, the weak kneed, or pansies. It doesn't get much love here on the forum. It's the one CRS scent I will never do without. Now I'm off to my room just to give it a whiff.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
I absolutely love CRS French Vetiver. It's the real deal straight up. I concur with your nephew. Although, you should get him to let you sample the scent before you buy it. It's not for the faint of heart, the weak kneed, or pansies. It doesn't get much love here on the forum. It's the one CRS scent I will never do without. Now I'm off to my room just to give it a whiff.

From how he described the scent, I'm pretty sure I'll like it too. The bush, summer underbrush, wet leaves in the fall or something along those lines. It sounds like one I'll really enjoy.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
That is a interesting article on Vetiver. I find it neat that it helps stop erosion due to its long root system. I do always feel calm and relaxed using it, not to mention the properties in it that is good for skin care. Mostly I love the scent, and like you I have spent a lot of time out in nature. I pretty much grew up in the woods of Michigan and the mountains of Colorado, and confirms that the reason I love it so much is that it reminds me of out doors...more so the deep woods of Michigan over the fresh brisk air of Colorado.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Blade: Shark Platinum (6)
Brush: Maggard 22mm Synth
Cream: Cyril R Salter Fresh Mint
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman Virgin Bay Rum
015_50.jpg

Happy Monday morning everyone. I had a happy shave today. I used Cyril R Salter Fresh mint. Like all CRS scents the scent is natural and blooms nicely when lathering. It also has a nice cooling feeling. It's not anywhere near a menthol cooling sensation, but a very nice cooling minty freshness. If you haven't tried CRS you are missing out on a very nice cream from the UK that punches well above its price point, and can hold its own with Truefit and Hill and TOBS. I think it is better.

My shark blade was a joy to use on shave 6, with the blade flipped for week two, paired with my beloved Fatip Grande. Every thing goes better with my Grande. Pinaud Clubman Virigin Island Bay Rum is always a nice switch up and I love the clove scent on these nice Fall days.

Last edited:

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Blade: Shark Platinum (7)
Brush: APShaveco Silksmoke
013_50.jpg

Today was a nice quick silky smooth shave. Shark Platinum just seems to get better and better as the second week goes on with them. The result was my normal BBS and DFS on my neck. It seems like the less I desire a particular result the better the shaves are. I pretty much was on auto pilot letting the razor do its work without really caring about hair reduction with each pass. It was just having confidence in the razor and the process.. CRS Fresh Mint is an awesome cream. Have I mentioned that? It's minty fresh!

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Blade: Shark Platinum (8)
Brush: APShaveco SynBad
017_50.jpg

I love my APShaveco SynBad. It was awesome with CRS Fresh Mint, or should I say Minty Fresh. :w00t:
57b12457afe76afb5ac77883e5812deb.gif

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Blade: Shark Platinum (9)
Brush: APShaveco uBrush Tuxedo
020_50.jpg

When I get to my APShaveco uBrushes I know my week is almost over...when it's not Omega S-Brush week. Yesterday I was singing the praises of my APShaveco SynBad. Today I'll sing of praises of the Tuxedo knot. I love the backbone of this brush. It is the perfect combination of density, backbone, and softness. Another words it was fun to use. A rule of thumb for me is that my favorite shaving equipment is always the one I'm using currently.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Blade: Shark Platinum (10)
Brush: APShaveco uBrush Cashmere
018_50.jpg

As usual my last shave of the week was the best shave of the week. Today was shave 10 on a Shark Platinum blade. It's still sharp and smooth and settled in quite nicely. I could definitely still use it for another week or more. My ocd says 10 shaves and out with every blade I use. I'm really impressed by the new Shark Platinums.

Next weeks line up will be my Gillette Single Ring OT paired with a Lord Platinum SP in the blue and yellow box, my Omega S-Brushes, Tabac, and to top it off Pinaud Lilac Vegetal. Yay, it will be the Veg week! I think it should pair up very nice with Tabac. It will be a smorgasbord of olfactory nirvana.

Top Bottom