What's new

My Fatip, Joris, Schone, Collection and Journey 2018 and Beyond.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
How are s-brushes working for you? Do you enjoy anyone more in particular?
I'm waiting on two more S-Brushes from Connaught to complete my five. At least that was the plan. Since they haven't arrived yet I've started on the three I have. Today was my S10019 and tomorrow will be my S10077. Wednesday will be my S10065. Hopefully by then my Connaught order will be in and I can finish out the week without a repeat. The S-Brushes are fantastic and underrated in the synth brush world. I'll let you know which one I like best.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
SOTD :001_wub::
Razor: Fatip Ulivo Gentile
Blade: Gillette Platinum (10)
Brush: Omega S11745
Cream: CRS French Vetiver
Aftershave: Figaro Monsieur Gold

I had a really good week of shaves using my Fatip Ulivo Gentile and CRS French Vetiver. CRS creams are outstanding. I couldn't ask for a better preforming cream. Eat your hearts out artisans this cream has been around for 50+ years and they are still kicking it. My Omega S-Brushes (now a complete five day rotation) where really fun to use. I like them a lot. They are soft but exfoliate like a boar. My favorites this week were the Omega S10077, S10065, and S11745. Next week will be my Fatip Wenghi Gentile paired with a fresh Gillette Platinum, maybe Proraso White, My Apshaveco Brushes, and Osage Rub.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Razor: Fatip Wenge Gentile
Blade: Gillette Platinum (1)
Brush: Razorock Bruce
Soap: Proraso White
Aftershave: Osage Rub

I'm on a Gentile kick and will be using them for the foreseeable future. Why? Because I can. I have a bunch of 'em. On top of that I find them easy and fun to use. I'm really enjoying them as of late, and I've always switched out back to a Fatip OC after two weeks with any given Gentile.

I used my new Razorock Bruce I chose from the brushes @Uncas sent me. It is a Plissoft knot and a very nice brush with a 24mm knot. I may switch it out with the Maggard brush I have. This one seemed a tad softer. It's a great little brush.

I revisited Proraso White Soap today. Wow, I was once again impressed. I never get a bad shave from Proraso. I liked the hint of menthol in the white. I also just really like the performance. It was slick enough and the cushion/protection is always stellar. I could be very happy just using Proraso. Don't get me wrong I really love my other soaps like Wickham, SV, and CRS. Their performance is top tier of course. Proraso can really hold its own with any other soap in its own humble way.

I enjoy my red and green Proraso, and my s-brush as well. All seem to get overlooked/undervalued for the most part. All are solid performers for me, especially for the price.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
I enjoy my red and green Proraso, and my s-brush as well. All seem to get overlooked/undervalued for the most part. All are solid performers for me, especially for the price.
:thumbsup: I too really like my Omega S-Brushes. They load product like little monsters. I also find they feel soft and pleasant on my face with a bit more exfoliating scrub than my Plissoft. I could easily use them everyday if I didn't have such a huge brush rotation. :001_tongu

Raven Koenes

My precious!
I like Proraso too. I have white and green. Very good quality for the price.

It is a bit of shame that I can't find proraso Red in local shops here.
Can you order from Connaught where you live? It's probably more expensive. Still their price is a tad under The Italian Barber and their shipping is cheaper (at least to the US). The Proraso Red Sandalwood is really, really, quite good. :001_wub:

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Razor: Fatip Wenge Gentile
Blade: Gillette Platinum (2)
Brush: Apshaveco Silksmoke
Soap: Proraso White
Aftershave: Osage Rub

The Apshaveco Silksmoke may well be my favorite synthetic brush.
rsz 034_25.jpg

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
haha. It is a brush that makes lather.

By the way, the Mondial boar brush with the plastic handle in for sale again on the bay.

proxy.php

I'm broke, but bought one anyway. I've been waiting a long time for this brush to reappear. I know I'm going to like it. My other Mondial boar is a great brush...

9-29-19.X3.Mondial.Kit.640.JPG

Thanks so much,

Jim

Can you order from Connaught where you live? It's probably more expensive. Still their price is a tad under The Italian Barber and their shipping is cheaper (at least to the US). The Proraso Red Sandalwood is really, really, quite good. :001_wub:

I spoke too early I found the red version at a shop. I gave it a test. It is a nice soap.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Can't resist, can you Jim? :001_tt2:

That brush is a looker though.

When I bought my aluminum Mondial I almost bought this plastic handled brush, too, but I didn't. Once I tried the aluminum Mondial I realized right away I wanted the faux ivory handled brush, too, but it was all the sudden out of stock.

Several times it's appeared on the vendor's website. I've ordered it more than once only to be told it wasn't supposed to be on the website because there weren't any. I've looked at, I believe, every Mondial vendor and the company's website. Everywhere. Not available.

If it's available this time I've finally snagged one, but I'm not counting any chickens just yet.

So, yes, couldn't resist.

My aluminum Mondial boar is probably my favorite boar and I think this is the same knot (not that I'm sure, but the published size is the same and it looks the same to me).

Happy shaves,

Jim

Top Bottom