What's new

My Fatip, Joris, Schone, Collection and Journey 2018 and Beyond.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
:facep: But then it wouldn't be a Piccolo. :a32:

1611420637228.png

The Piccolo is a great razor if you swap its handle for the handle of a Grande.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Raven Koenes

My precious!
You are aware that Fatip makes other razors besides Piccolos and Grandes, right @Raven Koenes ? :a30:
Yes, I have them all! I think what you are suggesting, when I read between the lines, begins to borderline on a kind of calculus matrix. To get back to the OP, if you replace a Piccolo handle, with a Grande handle, it's not a better razor than a Grande.

Last edited:

Raven Koenes

My precious!
SOTD: :001_wub:
Razor: Fatip Lo Storto Piccolo
Blade: Gillette Platinum (2)
Brush: Omega Evo Ovale
Soap: WK King of Oud
Post Shave: InstaSkincare Hyularonic Acid
Aftershave: Figaro Monsieur Ambre

My new Fatip Lo Storto Piccolo is absolutely perfect. It is now, officially, my favorite Fatip. I have two shaving accoutrements that I've now deemed the best in the universe: My Omega Evo Ovale and my FOCS Piccolo. A friend said that if I swap my Piccolo handle for a Grande the razor would be my favorite. I swapped handles and it was not better than my FOCS Grande. :tongue_sm I like my Piccolo handle better. It's more sporty. At least I gave his suggestion a try.

Last edited:
The Gentile is closed comb, right? How would you describe the difference in experience between the OC and CC Fatips and why your preference for the CC?

Raven Koenes

My precious!
The Gentile is closed comb, right? How would you describe the difference in experience between the OC and CC Fatips and why your preference for the CC?
It's early, I meant to say Piccolo not Gentile. Having said that, I have the Lo Storto Gentile and Gentile. They are close to the Closed comb with a gentler feel. They are slightly less efficient. This makes me want to do extra work to achieve the same result. If I just do a quick shave with them, without worrying, the results are fine. They are definitely more efficient than Merkurs and Muhles. I just really like the results with the OC models because they give a very efficient shave with minimal effort.

Top Bottom