What's new

My Fatip, Joris, Schone, Collection and Journey 2018 and Beyond.

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
20210106_104340[1].jpg

Since we're posting campfire/campsite pictures... That is me on the left, Cathy and her husband Dane at Lake Perris, Ca. Probably 1984 or 1985. We grew up in the same neighborhood, Cathy's dad owned a race car shop called Garden Grove Auto Clinic. Dane owned the 1969 Roadrunner, Cathy has a 1972 GTX. She has been cutting my hair for over 40 years.....
20210106_104414[1].jpg

Same campsite, the ground was so hard I would leave the stakes instead of trying to pull them out, as they would almost always bend. I last used that tent at San Clemente State Park about 6 years ago.
20210106_104532[1].jpg20210106_104453[1].jpg
The "Wet and Wild", pulling Dane and myself on kneeboards.

Last edited:

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
the ground was so hard I would leave the stakes instead of trying to pull them out

Go to a hardware store and pick up a handful of 7" galvanized steel eavestrough spikes. They'll solve most tent peg problems. The stakes I have are 3/8 steel meant for rock.

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
Go to a hardware store and pick up a handful of 7" galvanized steel eavestrough spikes. They'll solve most tent peg problems. The stakes I have are 3/8 steel meant for rock.
That is exactly what I was using Mike. I would go to the Army/Navy Surplus store and get 2 dozen of them. And a 4 pound sledge hammer to pound them in. The Lake Perris Campground was meant for RV's, not tents. The ground was hard. I would rent an RV spot with hookups, and a slip in the Marina so I only had to launch my boat the day we got there. We used to go down to the launch ramp around 4 in the afternoon with a 6-pak and lawn chairs and watch the drunks trying to put their boats on the trailers. :letterk1:

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
That is exactly what I was using Mike. I would go to the Army/Navy Surplus store and get 2 dozen of them. And a 4 pound sledge hammer to pound them in. The Lake Perris Campground was meant for RV's, not tents. The ground was hard. I would rent an RV spot with hookups, and a slip in the Marina so I only had to launch my boat the day we got there. We used to go down to the launch ramp around 4 in the afternoon with a 6-pak and lawn chairs and watch the drunks trying to put their boats on the trailers. :letterk1:

Thats always good for a laugh unless you're in the truck with a guy that doesnt know how and cant take instruction. "Dave, put your right hand on the bottom of the wheel and turn the wheel in the direction you want the trailer to go." "Dave. Turn, the, wheel, in, the, direction, you, want, the, trailer, to goooo." "No, Dave... ahhhhhhh **** it, lemme out, I'll be over at the chip wagon."

He doesnt even drink, but can sure make the rest of us lol.

Guide on's! He has a 19' Lund with twin 50's and a tandem axle trailer with guide on's 4 feet high, taller than the sides of his boat when its on the trailer. "Dave, pull the truck ahead, the guide on's are under water!" "They're suppose to be." "No. Dave. They arent!" "Daaaaaaaaaave stop! The hitch is in the water!" LOL

I could go on for hours hahaha.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
SOTD: :001_wub:
Razor: Fatip Wenghe
Blade: Astra SP (1)
Brush: Omega Evo Ovale
Soap: Stirling Pharaoh's Dreamsicle
Post Shave: InstaSkincare Hyularonic Acid
Aftershave: Stirling Pharaoh's Dreamsicle (Splash)

No pictures this week, so there is no proof any of this weeks shaves are occurring. The Omega Evo brush after one use is my new favorite brush. It feels like a silvertip badger, except softer, and preforms like a synthetic, great flow through, and retains water like a synth. I read hear that it retains water so I loaded it like a badger. This means I wet the fibers to the base, shook it out, then I dipped the tips and loaded. I wasn't disappointed. It has a 28mm knot, but it doesn't feel as big. The feel is a wall of fibers, and there is precise control like with a smaller knot. The splay is really nice as well. I don't want to use anything else right now. It cost $69 US. The entrance fee is a bit hefty for a synthetic, but after my first use it is worth the money. It's that much different, yet it retains everything I like about a synthetics. It's a superior brush imo. It is my goldilocks' brush.

Stirling Pharaoh's Dreamsicle has a somewhat muted smell, for Stirling, but when lathered up the scent really blooms. It does smell like an orange-vanilla popsicle only with a hint of musk. I'm intrigued. I look forward to using it all week. It's different from the more woodsy scents I like. It is unique and fun for me. I really liked it right off. The after shave splash compliments it superbly. I'm glad I had them add menthol. It adds to the fun of the whole experience.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
I'm now shaving every other day. It seems to be going okay.

Next weeks line up:

Fatip Noce/Gillette 7 O'clock Yellow
017_22.jpg

Omega Evo Ovale: Otherwise known as the best shaving brush in the Universe
009_18.jpg

Proraso Green
005_18.jpg

InstaSkincare Hyularonic Acid/Proraso Green (Splash)
006_18.jpg

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Razor: Fatip Noce
Blade: Gillette 7 O'clock Yellow (1)
Soap: Proraso Green
Aftershave: Proraso Green (Splash)
027_25.jpg

I'm enjoying shaving every other day. I'm still getting used to the feel of not shaving every other day. My Omega Evo Ovale is the best shaving brush in the Universe. I'm loving Proraso Green and the splash compliments it so well. Life is good in my world.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Blade: Gillette 7 O'clock Yellow (1)
View attachment 1210289
I'm enjoying shaving every other day. I'm still getting used to the feel of not shaving every other day. My Omega Evo Ovale is the best shaving brush in the Universe. I'm loving Proraso Green and the splash compliments it so well. Life is good in my world.

Omego.EVO.brand-new.3-4-20.640.JPG

I like my Evo a good bit, too.

My Omega Evo Ovale is the best shaving brush in the Universe.

I guess you must like it!

Told you it's a good knot (and for me to say that about a synthetic is...well, you know the rest, Rave).

Happy shaves,

Jim

Raven Koenes

My precious!
View attachment 1210338

I like my Evo a good bit, too.

I guess you must like it!

Told you it's a good knot (and for me to say that about a synthetic is...well, you know the rest, Rave).

Happy shaves,

Jim
Yes, You told me and I listened. Would it be crazy if I wanted to buy more, for the differing handle styles, when the knots are all the same size? Asking for a friend.

Stirling samples are great. They arent small and are almost the same diameter as a regular size tub, only 1/4" thick. I went to the dollar store and bought a bunch of 3" stackable tubs with screw on lids and transferred the sample stickers to the lids. That worked great but the tubs could have been a bit larger. The Cold Steel Ti-Lite is 8 3/4"s open.

View attachment 1204494 View attachment 1204495 View attachment 1204498

I never kept track of how many shaves I got per sample but there would have been a lot. I'd be surprised if each one didnt last a month or more shaving daily. They're a great buy if they're still the same size.
Which Dollar store? I need some...... Thx

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Blade: Gillette 7 O'clock Yellow (3)
032_25.jpg

Day three of shaves and it's already Thursday! What a trip. This is working out quite well though. I love the scent and feel of Proraso Green. It's wonderful, but not as wonderful as my Omega Evo Ovale. It's the best shaving brush in the Universe.

Btw, My Fatip Lo Storto Piccolo has arrived!!!! It is perfect in every way. Pictures will be coming soon. I will transition away from using my Noce after two more shaves. I wonder if the Lo Storto Piccolo will be my favorite Fatip?

Last edited:
Top Bottom