What's new

My Fatip, Joris, Schone, Collection and Journey 2018 and Beyond.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
SOTD: :001_wub:
Razor: Fatip Wenghe
Blade: Astra SP (1)
Brush: Fatip Plissoft
Soap: Stirling Frozen Tundra
Post Shave: InstaSkincare Hyularonic Acid
Aftershave: Stirling Frozen Tundra (Splash)
027_20.jpg

I had a very nice Stirling Frozen Tundra menthol chilled shave today. My Fatip Wenghe with a fresh Astra SP cut throught the hair easily. I did a three pass wtg, xtg, atg shave that was a bbs with a dfs on my neck. Everything went very well. There was little to no feedback, and InstaSkincare Hyularonic Acid followed by Stirling Frozen Tundra (Splash) left my face feeling supple without any redness. It was a very good first shave to start the week.

The down side is that the water from the sink back flowed into the bathtub. The sink was not clogged, so the clog seems to be further down in the drainage system. I'm waiting on a plumber right now. It's not a shaving soap clog. It seems to be a hairy couple clog due to a decades worth of build up.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
That's high praise!!! I can't wait to try it. I'm currently fascinated by Stirling Soaps. Stirling and Proraso seem to be what I want to reach for, and Stirling scents have me intrigued enough to buy more. It's also a pretty unbeatable value for the price.

It smells just like this.

Screenshot_2021-01-05 Creamsicle Bar.png

Now that you're free to buy again lol, get yourself some Iced Pineapple (OOS at Maggard) and some Margaritas in the Arctic while you're at it. Those, Black Cherry, Frozen Tundra and Orange Chill are my favorite Stirling soaps of the 14 samples I tried.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Stirling samples are great. They arent small and are almost the same diameter as a regular size tub, only 1/4" thick. I went to the dollar store and bought a bunch of 3" stackable tubs with screw on lids and transferred the sample stickers to the lids. That worked great but the tubs could have been a bit larger. The Cold Steel Ti-Lite is 8 3/4"s open.

IMG_1288.JPG IMG_1290.jpg IMG_2211.JPG

I never kept track of how many shaves I got per sample but there would have been a lot. I'd be surprised if each one didnt last a month or more shaving daily. They're a great buy if they're still the same size.

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
It has only been until recently that I started to weigh my soaps before and after each shave.

I always thought guys that did that were crazy.
BOSC2.OtherGuysAreNuts.jpg

Knowing how much soap I use per shave has altered my thoughts about samples. I intend to use the wooden bowl that I previously kept my MWF in for samples exclusively now. I have also found the containers that Little Caesar's pizza uses for their marinara sauce are perfect for storing soaps......
BOSC.2.FurtherStudiesRequred.jpg

Raven Koenes

My precious!
This big fat Dutch yeti, at big fat Dutch yeti household, hasn't shaved yet. It's not because of Dutch yeti furballs, or that we eat off of Dutch yeti hand painted furball plates:
004.JPG

Well maybe partly.

The plumbing turned out to be a larger problem that I expected at some point. 15 years ago, when we bought this place, the plumbing was ancient. My oldest best yeti mate from the old neighborhood pictured in the middle:
20057_1335720069532_8295101_n.jpg

Figured the best, most cost effective, way to resolve hooking up the lines from the bathroom and the kitchen sink to the main drain was to rig it. He did so quite brilliantly using, what for him, is his favorite form of Duct Tape for such projects i.e., copper head gasket sealant for engines:
$(KGrHqF,!n0E8VH06geIBPG(Dy3tl!__60_35.jpg

His plumbing was bound to fail at some point as nothing was actually screwed into anything where it mattered, but it did hold up for 15 years. The ancient plumbing did need to be cut out and replaced before the clog could properly be attended to. Everything is now up to code, and I'm getting ready to shave. Btw, the master plumber asked what the orange/copper colored sealant was he was pulling off of everything? I told him about my yeti best mate, and how that was his duct tape of choice for such projects. The master plumber replied, "That's actually quite brilliant.

Cheers

Last edited:

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
Very glad to read the pipes will now send used Stirling suds into the Upside Down. Sorry about the accompanying labor charges.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Very glad to read the pipes will now send used Stirling suds into the Upside Down. Sorry about the accompanying labor charges.
Plumbing adventures are terrifying if you live in a house as old as mine. Even other people's plumbing adventures!

Great photo of you and your buds, Rave. Campfire?

Happy shaves,

Jim
I knew it was coming, and it was just a matter of time. It did cost a wee bit more than a simple rooter service to unclog the drain. Well, a lot more actually. It did happen to come at a time that I had the money to cover it. That was a miracle for which I'm grateful. I still prefer income to outgo (who doesn't). The peace of mind knowing it's done, and will last, is a nice feeling.

Jim, The picture is of my bud and his father. There may have been a campfire going? It is right down by the fire pit. It's on the father's property. There is the main house and a cabin on the land, and it's on 10 acres. it's really a beautiful place.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
SOTD: :001_wub:
Razor: Fatip Wenghe
Blade: Astra SP (2)
Brush: Fatip Plissoft
Soap: Stirling Frozen Tundra
Post Shave: InstaSkincare Hyularonic Acid
Aftershave: Stirling Frozen Tundra (Splash)
027_20.jpg

I skipped a day with all the plumbing going on. Everything is fixed. The shave, after skipping a day, was very nice. Now, I'm curious about shaving every other day to see how that goes. I may, or may not, try that. If I log a shave tomorrow morning you'll know what I've decided.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
JB Weld would still be holding! lol.

Ahh campfire tales, with Foghat playing in the background from a Cleveland radio station across Lake Erie from us. 1990 I think.

Lil, Me, Ed and Decker, Rosco, Longpoint Park.JPG

L>R. Lil, (Roscos wife), me, Ed and Decker The Attack Spaniel lol and Rosco. That was when my 17' Wilker almost sank lol.

Top Bottom