What's new

My Fatip, Joris, Schone, Collection and Journey 2018 and Beyond.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
I find it a lot more work for the blade on a 48 hour shave than 24 hours, but at 48 hours the shave is usually closer.

My whiskers are very stiff at 24 hours. I remember testing that and they didnt become easier to cut until 44 hours or more.

It was a bit funny yesterday. I was watching closely as I shaved N>S under my nose. Even just shaving under one nostril at a time with a fresh Polsilver, I could watch my entire upper lip move from the resistance against the blade with my usual amount of skin stretching. Shaving the sides of my mouth N>S was the same. I could make one side of my mouth frown there was so much resistance. I was shaving slowly enough to exaggerate that though.

Things you do when you're bored! haha.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
My whiskers are very stiff at 24 hours. I remember testing that and they didnt become easier to cut until 44 hours or more.

It was a bit funny yesterday. I was watching closely as I shaved N>S under my nose. Even just shaving under one nostril at a time with a fresh Polsilver, I could watch my entire upper lip move from the resistance against the blade with my usual amount of skin stretching. Shaving the sides of my mouth N>S was the same. I could make one side of my mouth frown there was so much resistance. I was shaving slowly enough to exaggerate that though.

Things you do when you're bored! haha.
That's neat how different people are. After 24 hours my stubble is so short that it comes right off without resistance. When it's 48 hours or more it's like snapping trees. I can almost feel each individual hair. My complexion also improves with each daily shave. If I wait 48 to 64 hours the shave is closer, but that first shave of the week is also the hardest on my complexion.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
That's neat how different people are. After 24 hours my stubble is so short that it comes right off without resistance. When it's 48 hours or more it's like snapping trees. I can almost feel each individual hair. My complexion also improves with each daily shave. If I wait 48 to 64 hours the shave is closer, but that first shave of the week is also the hardest on my complexion.

I just shaved again, blade flipped. P&B Iceni. Smells damn good that soap...

While a little smoother and a little less tugging, its basically a repeat of yesterdays shave. Not to imply it was a poor shave, damn nice one, truth be told. My face feels like its been waxed.

Funny thing about Iceni now I remember. I shaved Friday and used it and when I got in a friends truck to help her move Saturday, she commented that I smelled nice. I couldnt smell anything and she said she only got a light whiff when I first got in and nothing since, but from that, it must have some staying power.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
SOTD: :001_wub:
Razor: Fatip Lo Storto
Blade: Shark Platinum (3)
Brush: APShaveco Synbad
Soap: Fine Green Vetiver
Aftershave: Proraso Green
023_40.jpg

A fine picture from a most perfect shave.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Blade: Shark Platinum (4)
027_40.jpg

I'm having fun this week. I love my Lo Storto, and that's all I have to say about that. :001_wub:

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Blade: Shark Platinum (5)
029_40.jpg

Today was the last shave of the week. It was also the best shave of the week. Next week I'll continue on with my Lo Storto, Shark Platinums, APShaveco Synbad, and switch up to B&M Cheshire soap with matching splash.

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
The gnome’s remote controller is for the Fatip’s blade alignment.

You didn’t think the baseplate-on-a-towel trick really worked, did you?

I should’ve befriended a gnome. The djinn that helps align my nickel-plated Grande keeps demanding I burn things.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Blade: Shark Platinum (6)
Soap: B&M Cheshire
Aftershave: B&M Cheshire
026_40.jpg

Continuing on with shaving perfection today. Everyday shaving with a Fatip Lo Storto is a shaving perfection kind of day. It pairs up really well with the new Shark Platinum blades which I have been using exclusively in it for over a month. I love the Earl Grey Tea scent of B&M Cheshire. The matching aftershave's scent lingers for quite a bit. My complaint with the B&M Excelsior base is that it gets used up really quick and it's to darn slick. How is one supposed to effectively skin stretch with that slick goop all over your face? Anyone else here for starting a return to non-slick shaving soaps revolution?

• Haha
Reactions: Cal

Raven Koenes

My precious!
I'm still holding out for a non-slick shaving soap revolution. I think I'll spend time this week reducing the amount of water I use with B&M until I can feel the begin to blade catch.

Top Bottom