What's new

My Fatip, Joris, Schone, Collection and Journey 2018 and Beyond.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
SOTD: :001_wub:
Razor: Fatip Retro Lo Storto
Blade: Shark Platinum (5)
Brush: APShaveco Synbad
Soap: Fine Snakebite
Aftershave: Figaro Monsieur Ambra

No pictures this week. The computer situation at home is down until today, and I am getting an upgrade. My old tower was 15 years old. Seeing as I only cleaned it, with compressed air, maybe twice it lasted a long time.

The best news, on the shaving front, is I am rid of the "other" handle and back to the original twist. I have made a promise to my Lo Storto never to do that again. Life is good!

Some *sane* decisions demonstrate...

BOSC.2.Fatip Is Life.jpg

Fatip made those handles with atypical threads for excellent reasons.

Happy shaves are here again,

Jim

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Razor: Fatip Retro Lo Storto
Blade: Shark Platinum (9)
Soap: Fine Snakebite
Aftershave: Figaro Monsieur Ambra

I finished up a fun week of shaves. I think I'll continue on with Shark Platinums in my Lo Storto along with my APShaveco SynBad. I'll keep it Dutch with switching to Fine Fresh Vetiver, and Italian with Proraso Geen Splash. I think I will try every other day shaves starting next week. That could potentially make my blade stash last longer if I like it. Instead of 10 days and switching blades it would be extended to 20 days. I really wouldn't like to run out of blades, and this would help.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Oops, good catch Cal. I did, it's the not paying attention while doing the copy and paste thing. To late to change it now. :cursing:

Somehow I knew it was the actual Fatip handle, the one designed to go with the razor. Either that, or I skimmed over it too fast. Or, corrected it (like autocorrect).

1593804146192.png

Being a bit cray cray is a big help around these parts.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Razor: Fatip Lo Storto
Blade: Shark Platinum (1)
Soap: Fine Green Vetiver
Aftershave: Proraso Green
019_40.jpg

I'm continuing on with my Lo Storto, Shark Platinum, and APShaveco SynBad this week. One could almost call me a minimalist. I certainly have narrowed down what I like to a few items. Perhaps, I am a minimalist? I think I am! I'm a minimalist!!! Here's to me and minimalism :a50::happybday: Hear, Hear!

I was going to shave every other day as an experiment. I may not be able to do that. I must get as many shaves in as I possibly can. The more the better. I need them all! :w00t:

Last edited:

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Razor: Fatip Lo Storto
Blade: Shark Platinum (2)
Soap: Fine Green Vetiver
Aftershave: Proraso Green
022_40.jpg

Who am I kidding. I couldn't skip a day. The shave was nice, very nice, and a bit of a guilty pleasure not being able to follow through on a commitment. Really it was just an idea I tossed in the trash bin. What was I thinking?

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
I even shaved at the 22 hour mark yesterday for something to do.

A fresh Polsilver in my Grande, Wickham Club Cola and a good shave was had, but I have much better shaves at 48 hours or longer.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
I even shaved at the 22 hour mark yesterday for something to do.

A fresh Polsilver in my Grande, Wickham Club Cola and a good shave was had, but I have much better shaves at 48 hours or longer.
I find it a lot more work for the blade on a 48 hour shave than 24 hours, but at 48 hours the shave is usually closer.

Top Bottom