What's new

My Fatip, Joris, Schone, Collection and Journey 2018 and Beyond.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
SOTD: :001_wub:
Razor: Fatip Retro Lo Storto
Blade: Shark Platinum (1)
Brush: Omega S10077
Soap: Stirling Frozen Tundra
Aftershave: Stirling Frozen Tundra
033_42.jpg

Well, I think I might get used to the Lo Storto head on a Retro handle? It's not a hard handle to find when it's laying about, and in a pinch you can pole vault with it. It can also double as a cocktail straw. There may be a 101 uses for the Retro handle the least of which may be shaving.

I love Shark Platinums. I switched a Shark Platinum out for a fresh one after only five shaves. It's not like I'll ever run out of them, or any blade for that matter.

Stirling Frozen Tundra is very nice and invigorating on a summer day. The matching splash stayed with me in a subtle fresh, minty, mossy, coniferous way. It's nice. Stirling is the best value in the tallow soap artisan market imo.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Blade: Shark Platinum (2)
Brush: Omega S10019
032_42.jpg

Today, I had one of the best shaves I've had in awhile. The Retro handle seems to be perfectly fine if you hold it like it's a two and three quarter inch handle. :tongue_sm

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Blade: Shark Platinum (3)
Brush: Omega S11745
035_42.jpg

Third day in using the Retro handle on a LoStorto head. The shave was good, but I'm missing my LoStorto handle. Things will be back to normal on Monday. Yes, the LoStorto handle with the twist is the bomb. It's like everything else about the LoStorto. It being the whole package. I don't want to use anything else.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Blade: Shark Platinum (3)
Brush: Omega S11745
View attachment 1117135
Third day in using the Retro handle on a LoStorto head. The shave was good, but I'm missing my LoStorto handle. Things will be back to normal on Monday. Yes, the LoStorto handle with the twist is the bomb. It's like everything else about the LoStorto. It being the whole package. I don't want to use anything else.

Big Nurse said you shouldn't wait til Monday.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
But, I already took the pictures for this week. I got myself in a bind with an construct of my own making. :sad:

Just this once you're allowed to take pictures on Wednesday and Thursday (but not Friday as that would be, well, just wrong).

I'm allowed to take pictures every day but only because she likes me better. At least that's what I heard.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Just this once you're allowed to take pictures on Wednesday and Thursday (but not Friday as that would be, well, just wrong).

I'm allowed to take pictures every day but only because she likes me better. At least that's what I heard.
Yeah, my wife really likes it when I take time during the week to take pictures of shaving stuff. She usually says something like, "I'd really like to spend time with you, but I know how important your shaving thing is to you dear." Or, something completely not like that. :tongue_sm

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Yeah, my wife really likes it when I take time during the week to take pictures of shaving stuff. She usually says something like, "I'd really like to spend time with you, but I know how important your shaving thing is to you dear." Or, something completely not like that. :tongue_sm

I may have heard similar words. Not coupled with "dear."

Pretty sure SWMBO was in the Navy.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Blade: Shark Platinum (4)
Brush: Omega S10081
037_42.jpg

I had a bunch of things going on yesterday and didn't get to a shave. It was okay the world as I know it didn't end. It has made me curious to try an every other day shave for awhile. For science and because I can. After Saturdays shave, I can swap out this dreadful handle for the exquisitely perfect Lo Storto twist. Photos may be spotty next week. My home computer is down and will be up again on Monday.

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
The proper handle is crafted from Mediterranean timber by artisans schooled in Sámi/Laplander traditions. It should be shaped to resemble an animal that inspires vigor and provides sustenance. Ideally, the proper handle is the second such handle carved for this purpose.

That means the correct handle is Olive the other reindeer.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Blade: Shark Platinum (5)
Brush: APShaveco Synbad
Soap: Fine Snakebite
Aftershave: Figaro Monsieur Ambra

No pictures this week. The computer situation at home is down until today, and I am getting an upgrade. My old tower was 15 years old. Seeing as I only cleaned it, with compressed air, maybe twice it lasted a long time.

The best news, on the shaving front, is I am rid of the "other" handle and back to the original twist. I have made a promise to my Lo Storto never to do that again. Life is good!

thombrogan

How is the Fine Snake Bite compared to your other soaps and creams? I’ve read it’s triple-milled and it’s only added fragrance is menthol.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
How is the Fine Snake Bite compared to your other soaps and creams? I’ve read it’s triple-milled and it’s only added fragrance is menthol.
It's a really nice triple milled tallow soap made in the Netherlands, not Belgium. It's probably made by De Vergulde Hand as they seem to be the one company with the resources. It's not quite as cold as Stirlings Frozen Tundra, but it is very close. The only scent is menthol. It is definitely colder than Proraso Green. I have Fine Fresh Vetiver, and Fine Lavender Pour Homme. The scents are genuine and their soaps always have a fresh scent. Is fresh a scent? I have no idea what fresh smells like? I only know it when I encounter it. Mostly, I find Fine soaps to be very similar to the old Haslinger tallow soaps. If you like the old tallow Haslinger you will like Fine.

• Haha
Reactions: Cal

thombrogan

I don’t think I ever suggested Fine’s soaps were made in the unimpeachable Land of Bier and Chocolat, but I thank you for telling me about this soap’s performance and other, also non-Belgian alternatives containing even more menthol

Raven Koenes

My precious!
I don’t think I ever suggested Fine’s soaps were made in the unimpeachable Land of Bier and Chocolat, but I thank you for telling me about this soap’s performance and other, also non-Belgian alternatives containing even more menthol
I just had to be clear for clarity; that it is a non-Belgian soap not made in Belgium. If it were made in Belgium it would be really lame, but since it's not it isn't. :wink2:

thombrogan

You make such statements, but you conspire with other BOSCovites to capture it for joint ownership by Netherlands and Scotland.

The best news, on the shaving front, is I am rid of the "other" handle and back to the original twist. I have made a promise to my Lo Storto never to do that again. Life is good!
I take it you're having a "Monday" Rave. :wink2:

Top Bottom