What's new

My Fatip, Joris, Schone, Collection and Journey 2018 and Beyond.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
SOTD: :001_wub:
Razor: Fatip Lo Storto
Blade: New Lord Platinum (2)
Brush: Omega S10081
Soap: MdC Vetyver
Aftershave: Gillette Cool Wave
035_30.jpg

This was my second shave with my new Fatip Lo Storto. I did a one pass with the grain shave. It was definitely a close dfs. I still had a little more feedback then I'm used to. I'm learning this razor. I think I will use it all month to get a good grip on it. I'm loving the results. It just has a learning curve. I'm not used to slants, but from what I remember this is not unusual for me. I also know that I can get them down.

P.S. Jim, a three second load time, of MdC, is not enough for when I do three passes. Three will do for one pass, but I need six seconds for three. It may be my water. It's pretty hard mountain water

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Blade: New Lord Platinum (3)
Brush: Omega S10065
Soap: MdC Vetyver
Aftershave: Gillette Cool Wave
032_32.jpg

I love my Fatip Lo Storto. :001_wub: Have I ever mentioned I love Fatips?

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Blade: Gilette Platinum (1)
Brush: Maggard 22mm Synth
Cream: Proraso Blue
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman
050_35.jpg

Today I started off the week with a one pass with the grain pass on 72 hours of growth. My Fatip Lo Storto mowed right through it. Paired with a Gillette Platinum blade it was kizmet. I really like the combination. Any Proraso soap is really good. If I had to do it over I might go minimalist using every Proraso soap they have. I really want to try the new improved formula. Then I really want to buy the Fatip Gillette Lo Storto Gentile, but alas I'm committed to my year long sabbatical. I just may keep the one pass thing going. The results were fantastic. There was virtually no feedback when I applied Clubman Splash. I like this combination. It's fun.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Blade: Gillette Platinum (2)
Brush: APShaveco SynBad
047_35.jpg

Today, I did another one pass wtg shave. The results were a definite ccs to dfs. There was zero to know irritation. Tomorrow, I'll go for a two pass wtg-xtg shave. I'm doing it for science as I've never done a two pass shave wtg-xtg. I've done a two pass wtg-atg shave, but this wonderful Lo Storto is so efficient. This may be the ticket to ride. We'll see.

Blade: Gillette Platinum (2)
Brush: APShaveco SynBad
View attachment 1083915
Today, I did another one pass wtg shave. The results were a definite ccs to dfs. There was zero to know irritation. Tomorrow, I'll go for a two pass wtg-xtg shave. I'm doing it for science as I've never done a two pass shave wtg-xtg. I've done a two pass wtg-atg shave, but this wonderful Lo Storto is so efficient. This may be the ticket to ride. We'll see.

I do a two pass WTG, XTG shave every shave and consistently achieve a DFS with DFS to CCS in some areas, mostly along the jawline. I think that a genuine DFS everywhere is possible with a WTG, XTG shave if I can refine my technique. A one pass, WTG, genuine DFS would be a considerable achievement, I think.

Any Proraso soap is really good. If I had to do it over I might go minimalist using every Proraso soap they have.

I think along similar lines every time I use Proraso, it's so good why do I even think about trying anything else?

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Blade: Gillette Platinum (3)
Brush: Razorock 400
052_35.jpg

Today, I did a two pass wtg-xtg shave. It easily gave me a bbs with a dfs on my neck. There was no feed back when using Pinaud Clubman. I do believe Clubman is alcohol intensive. I may continue on with a two pass wtg-xtg shave tomorrow. This was a very nice shave, and I do feel I look a bit sporting. :punk:

Raven Koenes

My precious!
I do a two pass WTG, XTG shave every shave and consistently achieve a DFS with DFS to CCS in some areas, mostly along the jawline. I think that a genuine DFS everywhere is possible with a WTG, XTG shave if I can refine my technique. A one pass, WTG, genuine DFS would be a considerable achievement, I think.

I think along similar lines every time I use Proraso, it's so good why do I even think about trying anything else?
Hi Wes! I'm with you on Proraso. I hadn't used it for awhile, and then I did FFFMM with Proraso White. I used MdC Vetyver last week. I missed Proraso and dug out he Blue. It punches every where as good as MdC. I know this is sacrilege, but it really delivers on performance. The fun thing about MdC is seeing how little you can load, and the Vetyver scent is, perhaps, the best I own.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Blade: Gillette Platinum (4)
Brush: APShaveco uBrush Cashmere
054_35.jpg

I did another two pass wtg-xtg shave. It was a bbs with a dfs on my neck. One thing I noticed is that stubble comes in quicker skipping atg. Tomorrow will be a full monty three pass shave to end the week.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Blade: Gillette Platinum (5)
Brush: APShaveco uBrush Tuxedo
056_35.jpg

Today was a three pass wtg-xtg-atg shave. It was excellent with no irritation when applying aftershave splash. This was the best shave of the week. I'm getting my Lo Storto down. Next week I'll continue with the Lo Storto with the same Gillette Platinum blade flipped, Proraso Red, Omega S-Brushes, and Reuzel!

Reactions: Cal

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Blade: Gillette Platinum (6)
Brush: Omega S10019
Soap: Proraso Red
Aftershave: Reuzel
027_35.jpg

I love Proraso Red. It's the best Sandalwood scent on the market. It definitely performs like Proraso. My shave was a one pass wtg shave. The lather was slick and rich. My LoStorto did its job fantastically. Even with one pass it's possible to get too close causing irritation. I was right on the edge but not quite. It was a good shave, and I look forward to this week

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Interesting. Is that a character trait of all slants, do you think?
I'm not sure. I think so. My own experience is a love/hate one with Slants. Either they seem to get too close or not close enough. I have gotten it just right with my Lo Storto. I did a FFFMM with my Merkur 37c. For the first week I struggled with it thinking my 34c shaved closer. Then it seemed more efficient than needed. Then I settled into it. My Lo Storto is by far the best Slant I own. I have dialed it in quicker than any other Slant (it took a week). Still, I'm not exactly where I want to be with it. That said I don't really want to use anything else right now. I find Slants weird. Maybe it's just me. I love my Lo Storto. :001_wub:

I'm not sure. I think so. My own experience is a love/hate one with Slants. Either they seem to get too close or not close enough. I have gotten it just right with my Lo Storto. I did a FFFMM with my Merkur 37c. For the first week I struggled with it thinking my 34c shaved closer. Then it seemed more efficient than needed. Then I settled into it. My Lo Storto is by far the best Slant I own. I have dialed it in quicker than any other Slant (it took a week). Still, I'm not exactly where I want to be with it. That said I don't really want to use anything else right now. I find Slants weird. Maybe it's just me. I love my Lo Storto. :001_wub:

Thanks, I may investigate further but not for a little while yet.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.

4-13-20.Steve'sVulfix.FatipOCSlant.Vitos.640.JPG

Mine was perfect from the first shave. I love my Fatip OC Slant. It may be my best DE razor.

I'm a long time slant fan, too.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Blade: Gillette Platinum (7)
Brush: Omega S10077
Soap: Proraso Red
Aftershave: Reuzel
024_35.jpg

Today was a two pass wtg-xtg shave. It was a bbs with a dfs on my neck. It was a very relaxing comfortable shave that was over to quickly. The thing about it is that sometimes a three pass shave seems to take almost too long. Then other times I wish it lasted a bit longer. Sometimes a one or two pass shave seems to go by too quickly. Sometimes it seems just the right amount of time. I do take more time when doing a one or two pass shave though.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Rave, you really did a good thing by getting Fatip to build a slant.

View attachment 1086645

They really nailed it.

Thanks and happy shaves and be safe,

Jim
Thanks Jim. I really do love it. They absolutely nailed it. Mike was right when he said they were taking their time to do it right. Btw, Fatip referred to me as a: special Fatip lover. Grazie 1000 Mr. Koenes! They said I was special hee, hee. :letterk1:

• Love
Reactions: Cal
Top Bottom