What's new

My Fatip, Joris, Schone, Collection and Journey 2018 and Beyond.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
SOTD: :001_wub:
Razor: Vintage 1980's Fatip
Blade: Polsilver (9)
Brush: APShaveco uBrush Tuxedo
Soap: Proraso White
Aftershave: Figaro Monsieur Ambra Splash
044_45.jpg

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Blade: Polsilver (9)
Aftershave: Proraso Green Splash
046_45.jpg

Been busy but still going strong. I've switched up to a two pass wtg-xtg shave and then a three pass every which way shave. Today was a two pass and it was fun. It was definitely a dfs with all the bells on!

Last edited:
Just saw a review in the BOSS thread of the new fatip slant and I became inordinately excited and rushed over here to read your review, Rave. I see you don't have one yet, and I don't see them available from Connaught either. I might have to wait awhile on a review, so I may take the plunge if I'm able to find one.

Hope you are doing well Rave. Been quite busy recently, so little time to check in with shave stuff. With March madness canceled, I stopped my fixed four as well. Was supposed to go to NYC around March 10th and so I had started using a cartridge razor. Didn't want to continue that for a month if I didn't have to... Enjoy the shaves!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Blade: Polsilver (3)
036_45.jpg

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Just saw a review in the BOSS thread of the new fatip slant and I became inordinately excited and rushed over here to read your review, Rave. I see you don't have one yet, and I don't see them available from Connaught either. I might have to wait awhile on a review, so I may take the plunge if I'm able to find one.

Hope you are doing well Rave. Been quite busy recently, so little time to check in with shave stuff. With March madness canceled, I stopped my fixed four as well. Was supposed to go to NYC around March 10th and so I had started using a cartridge razor. Didn't want to continue that for a month if I didn't have to... Enjoy the shaves!

Joel, So good to hear from you! Stay well my friend. I just checked and Connaught seems to be out of the OC. They do have the Storto Gentile. I ordered mine a couple of weeks ago with a heads up from Cal. Then the school district, where I work and it was sent, closed. Jim and I ordered on the same day. I kept checking to see if his had arrived as he lives on the East Coast. After he let me know his had arrived I waited until I was pretty sure it was being held at the Post office here. I picked it up today:

003_18.jpg
008_18.jpg

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Blade: Polsilver (4)
044_45.jpg

I've been shaving a one pass with the grain shave all week except on Monday where it was a three pass. Today was no exception. Tomorrow will be a three pass to end the week.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Blade: Polsilver (6)
036_45.jpg

Joel, So good to hear from you! Stay well my friend. I just checked and Connaught seems to be out of the OC. They do have the Storto Gentile. I ordered mine a couple of weeks ago with a heads up from Cal. Then the school district, where I work and it was sent, closed. Jim and I ordered on the same day. I kept checking to see if his had arrived as he lives on the East Coast. After he let me know his had arrived I waited until I was pretty sure it was being held at the Post office here. I picked it up today:

View attachment 1078452View attachment 1078453

Gorgeous sir! Once we are into April, you'll have to let us all know your thoughts on its shave! I think I have a gentile from Connaught on its way over if my wife decided to go with that for my birthday gift. She was asking what I wanted so I showed her a few things, but this was the first thing I showed her. Then I explained your letter, and the fatip ambassador, and Jim @Chan Eil Whiskers ribbing you for over a year about his in transit slant. And by then I got the "lord you're nuts, why'd I marry you again?" look from SWMBO. So who knows if she actually paid attention [emoji23]!

Blade: Polsilver (4)
View attachment 1078939
I've been shaving a one pass with the grain shave all week except on Monday where it was a three pass. Today was no exception. Tomorrow will be a three pass to end the week.
Why one pass wtg if you don't mind me asking?

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Gorgeous sir! Once we are into April, you'll have to let us all know your thoughts on its shave! I think I have a gentile from Connaught on its way over if my wife decided to go with that for my birthday gift. She was asking what I wanted so I showed her a few things, but this was the first thing I showed her. Then I explained your letter, and the fatip ambassador, and Jim @Chan Eil Whiskers ribbing you for over a year about his in transit slant. And by then I got the "lord you're nuts, why'd I marry you again?" look from SWMBO. So who knows if she actually paid attention [emoji23]!

It was in transit, dammit.

Trust me on this: She as listening. They don't forget anything either (like you haven't already figured that out)!

I hope you're safe, Joel. These are definitely interesting times.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Why one pass wtg if you don't mind me asking?

Best of luck on getting the new Fatip Solid Bar Slant. If I had to make a prediction:
DMtMfBh.gif
...:sorcerer:...:happybday:

I do a one pass wtg shave because Al suggested I try a one pass shave to mix things up. I alternate between it and a three pass shave. I chose wtg because...well why not? Can I live with it? The more I did it, utilizing the Gillette slide the better it got. Mostly the results are a ccs to dfs, and it is close enough where it's totally presentable, and know one would know it's not a bbs. I'm quite happy with the results and so is my skin!

I'll do a review, totally unbiased of course, of the Fatip Lo Storto tomorrow after the craziest FFFMM ever. :yikes:
Joel, I echo Jim that you and yours stay safe.

Last edited:

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Blade: Polsilver (7)
Aftershave: Gillette Cool Wave
046_45.jpg

Today was my last Shave of FFFMM. It was a short and sweet one pass wtg shave. The choice of hardware and software made this FFFMM the easiest one ever. Though, I must say, the craziest FFFMM ever. :yikes: I'll do a review, totally unbiased of course, of the Fatip Lo Storto tomorrow.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Razor: Fatip Lo Storto
Blade: New Lord Platinum (1)
Brush: Omega S11745
Soap: MdC Vetyver
Aftershave: Gillette Cool Wave
033_30.jpg

Today was my first use ever of the New Fatip Lo Storto Slant. I did a three pass every which way shave. It is definitely a Fatip. The blade aligns perfectly kattywampus each and every time like a slant (I loaded it a few times for fun). This means the blade edge is not even with the cap but is with the baseplate. The exposure was equally skewed on both sides looking at the cap, so I was very pleased. What I mean by it is definitely a Fatip is that it shaves like one. It is blade rigid smooth. It may be even more so with the blade being torqued. I found it to be way more efficient than my Merkur 37c Slant, and way smoother than my PAA Bakelite OC Slant. My conclusion is it shaves like a Fatip. That means I'm in love. It's smooth and efficient, but you do have to watch out with this one. I had more than usual feedback when applying aftershave. This sucker could smoothly and effciently peal your face like a wire cheese slicer and you wouldn't notice. I look forward to getting as good at it as I am with my Fatip OC's. My face is really smooth.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Good report, Rave, but...

1585777628893.png

...which isn't taking anything from what I know is an honest report.

I can see why Wes picked the song he did to celebrate the new love story. Perfectly fitting.

Mine doesn't top Wes's, but I tried.

Happy shaves,

Jim

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!

Raven Koenes

My precious!
I'll stay clear then :lol:

More than the face chomping normal variety?!?!
proxy.php

If it's smooth and white, it might be bone :lol1:

Glad it was worth the wait for you, Rave :thumbup1:
I'm finding bleach the perfect splash for a pearly white complexion. We'll get you onboard yet with the whole Fatip regimen. You have a fairly good grasp of the concept already.

Top Bottom