What's new

My Fatip, Joris, Schone, Collection and Journey 2018 and Beyond.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
SOTD: :001_wub:
Razor: Fatip Grande n
Blade: New Lord Platinum (5)
Brush: Maggard 22mm Synth
Soap: Scheermonnik Delfts Wit
Aftershave: Pinaud Lilac Vegetal
View attachment 1059118
Today was frigging awesome!!! This may be the perfect line up. The New Lord Platinum was fantastic, sharp, and plowed through 72 hours of growth like butter. I did a three pass shave and my face was smooth as glass (with my usual dfs on my neck). My Nickel Mk2 Grande Nickel is my favorite Fatip. Together it was heaven. Scheermonnik Delfts Wit has it all in the way of performance and scent. It's a soap filled with woodsy, orange, spicy, goodness. Maybe a Dutch soap pairs well with a Dutch face? I think so. The Veg was the icing on top of the cake for a perfect shave. Everyone should have this kind of experience once in their lives.

I have only a sample of that soap line, but that's enough to convince me it's an excellent soap. Besides its performance there is the scent which is big, bold, room filing, and very nice indeed.

Nice kit, Rave. Working well for you is all that matters.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Blade: New Lord Platinum (2)
Brush: APShaveco Silksmoke
065_50.jpg

Today was a really nice one pass with the grain shave. It was very close, and two of the best things were the scent of Scheermonnik Delfts Wit followed by the glorious, heavenly, godly scent of the Veg. It was like manna raining down from heaven above, or as some might gather standing under a cat.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Blade: New Lord Platinum (3)
Brush: APShaveco SynBad
066_50.jpg

It was a three pass bbs with dfs on my neck today. I had to reload soap for my second pass today. It's not a 10 second load soap like SV or MdC. I found that out today. My Apshaveco SynBad may very well be my best along with my Maggard 22mm synth. They both are fantastic brushes.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Blade: New Lord Platinum (3)
Brush: APShaveco SynBad
View attachment 1059835
It was a three pass bbs with dfs on my neck today. I had to reload soap for my second pass today. It's not a 10 second load soap like SV or MdC. I found that out today. My Apshaveco SynBad may very well be my best along with my Maggard 22mm synth. They both are fantastic brushes.

OMG, 10 seconds to load MdC! Dude, try 3 seconds. You're wasting it.

Seriously, I can't find a loading time with MdC that's too little or too short. It's not true however, that all you have to do is wave the brush near the soap. It does have to actually touch the soap. Other than that, I'm not sure how little soap it takes but certainly far less than would be loaded in ten seconds.

Experiments are good, right?

Lovely AP handle.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Raven Koenes

My precious!
OMG, 10 seconds to load MdC! Dude, try 3 seconds. You're wasting it.

Seriously, I can't find a loading time with MdC that's too little or too short. It's not true however, that all you have to do is wave the brush near the soap. It does have to actually touch the soap. Other than that, I'm not sure how little soap it takes but certainly far less than would be loaded in ten seconds.

Experiments are good, right?

Lovely AP handle.

Happy shaves,

Jim
I thought I was getting too much lather.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Blade: New Lord Platinum (4)
Brush: APShaveco Cashmere
057_50.jpg

One pass shave that was dfs is how I started my morning. It was good short and sweet. New Lord Platinums are a really good blade. I just may continue on with them for awhile. They are pretty close to Shark Platinums but they seem slightly different. I barely got to enjoy Delfts Wit. It was a pleasure to catch the scent. The Veg is a gift that keeps on giving. Nothing settles down so pleasantly.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Is there a different Lord Platinum blade Rave?

The ones I used are the same as the ones in the above picture. The "New" part didnt occur to me until now.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Is there a different Lord Platinum blade Rave?

The ones I used are the same as the ones in the above picture. The "New" part didnt occur to me until now.
Yup, there are these ones:
045_20.jpg

I keep going back and forth on which ones I like better. Currently the New Lord Platinums are my favorite. :tongue_sm

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Blade: New Lord Platinum (5)
Brush: APShaveco uBrush Tuxedo
059_50.jpg

Today was my last shave of the week and it was, once again, the best shave of the week. It was a three pass with a bbs on my face and a dfs on my neck. It was a pleasure using Scheermonnik all week The scent was intoxicating. My APShaveco uBrush Tuxedo is very dense. It load tons of lather pretty quick. The lather was thick, slick, and luxurious. The Veg simply rocks the house.

Next weeks line up is a continuation of my nickel Grande paired with a fresh New Lord Platinum. My brushes will be my Omega S-Brushes. I'm not sure of the soap, SV Stella Alpina? Arko? Omega Eucalipto? High end or cheap as dirt? Arko would be quite the shift in scent from Delfts Wit. The aftershave splash will be Osage Rub.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Dense. Sounds good. How would you say it compares to other synthetics in terms of softness, backbone and face feel? Which is the softest? Is there a trade off for that?
Wes, This Tuxedo knot has it all. It has more backbone than any other synthetic I own. It just has a wall of feel like Motown's wall of sound. This could very easily be my only brush. It's as soft as my SynBad, and Maggard Plissoft brush. It's not as soft as my Cashmere (Angel Hair). It beats my Cashmere in every other way to Sunday though.

Wes, This Tuxedo knot has it all. It has more backbone than any other synthetic I own. It just has a wall of feel like Motown's wall of sound. This could very easily be my only brush. It's as soft as my SynBad, and Maggard Plissoft brush. It's not as soft as my Cashmere (Angel Hair). It beats my Cashmere in every other way to Sunday though.

Hmmmm. Sounds nice. Very nice.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member

+1 on Tuxedo knots. Very nice brushes.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Blade: New Lord Platinum (1)
Brush: Omega S10019
Soap: WK King of Oud
Aftershave: Osage Rub
055_35.jpg

Today kicked off the first shave of the week. It was a three pass bbs with a dfs on my neck. It was very close, smooth, and comfortable. Tomorrow will be a one pass wtg shave as per my new habit.

I couldn't decide on whether to use SV Stella Alpina or Arko, so instead I went with WK King of Oud (vegetal). Wholly cow, I'll I can say is this is my strongest scented premium soap. It's right up there with Arko and Tabac. Thankfully it is quite a pleasant scent. It is definitely too strong to use on a fixed four. It might just drive me nuts.

The last time I used this soap, I wasn't fare in my analysis of it. I prefer vegetal soaps to tallow. I forgot that it was non-tallow. If you have experienced the lather and feel you might too. I kept thinking this is such a thick tallow it's really going to do a number on my drain. Now that it is firmly in my mind that it's a vegetal, I'm simply impressed and really enjoying it. Though I wonder, did they slip some tallow in it on the sly? The performance and post shave is amazing, and the rinse off confirms it is not tallow. It's non-greasy.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
The last time I used this soap, I wasn't fare in my analysis of it. I prefer vegetal soaps to tallow. I forgot that it was non-tallow. If you have experienced the lather and feel you might too. I kept thinking this is such a thick tallow it's really going to do a number on my drain. Now that it is firmly in my mind that it's a vegetal, I'm simply impressed and really enjoying it. Though I wonder, did they slip some tallow in it on the sly? The performance and post shave is amazing, and the rinse off confirms it is not tallow. It's non-greasy.

I didnt know it was a veggie soap.

Top Bottom