What's new

My Fatip, Joris, Schone, Collection and Journey 2018 and Beyond.

Raven Koenes

My precious!

Response from Fatip:
75625371_2482931635278644_4892388240327180288_o.jpg

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
How aone pass shaves going?

OK. I'm past the fascination stage. Long past it. I think I might be falling back into them again, because my explorations into other soaps and stuff since I signed up here, have convinced me that I wasn't missing out on anything after all. I used to do one pass as regularly as three pass, long before joining the forum.

I still have a heap of samples to work through, but my shaving seems to have drifted back to what it was before I signed up here - or more accurately, before I went full beard, as I had a few inches of fuzz when I signed up. This includes not necessarily shaving everyday, so my 20+ year blade stash plus regrindables, is most certainly a lifetime supply now. I might be having three or four shaves per week at the moment, and I've stopped counting shaves too.

That said, not all my shaves are one pass. Yesterday was two. I didn't log it on here, as I didn't follow up with any post shave, so there was nothing really to report.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
SOTD: :001_wub:
Razor: Fatip Nobile Horn
Blade: Gillette Platinum (4)
Brush: Fatip Pure Badger
Cream: Proraso Wood and Spice
Aftershave: Gillette Cool Wave
037_50 (1).jpg

I can't believe it's Thursday already. Only one shave day left for the week. :crying: Today's shave was simple short and sweet. It was a one pass wtg shave. It was a very nice dfs shave. It was fun to use my Fatip Pure Badger. It is an exfoliating monster. It may be my favorite badger brush, and not just because it is made by Fatip.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Blade: Gillette Platinum (5)
Brush: Panta Rei Silvertip
Cream: Proraso Wood and Spice
Aftershave: Gillette Cool Wave
034_50 (1).jpg

Today was the last shave of the week, and once again it was the best shave of the week. After saying my Fatip Pure Badger was my favorite badger brush I pulled out my Panta Rei. What was I thinking yesterday lol?

Today's shave was the first shave with our new hot water heater. The old one went on the fritz last Saturday. I would light it as needed throughout the week. I thought we could get by with a repair. I also thought we just put it in five years ago (It was ten years ago to the day almost). Hopefully this new one will last a bit longer. Maybe we'll go to a tankless one next time? It sure is nice having a brand new water heater.

Next weeks line up will be my Fatip Nobile Horn with the Gillette Platinum blade flipped, my Omega S-Brushes, Barrister and Mann Cheshire (both soap and aftershave). It looks like a great line up to me. Cheers!

Raven Koenes

My precious!
:w00t:
You were thinking "Whatever I'm using is the best." Apparently thats no longer the case or does that only apply to razors? :tongue_sm

No, it is what ever I'm using is the best. I forgot and got all excited.

Theres a tankless in my future.

Yup, I've been reading a lot of good things about them...like they last longer. I have a friend up in the mountains who has had one for years, and it runs off of his photovoltaic solar grid he has for electricity.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
No, it is what ever I'm using is the best. I forgot and got all excited.

Nurse_Ratched.jpg

Yup, I've been reading a lot of good things about them...like they last longer. I have a friend up in the mountains who has had one for years, and it runs off of his photovoltaic solar grid he has for electricity.

I havent begun researching them yet.

qegpNCayKhfGrrKfgqsvFyAVfMjAZM6g4tFlW8NtSQg.png

I have two friends in the HVAC business. I have natural gas and a licensed fitter has to do the gas line.

OK. I'm past the fascination stage. Long past it. I think I might be falling back into them again, because my explorations into other soaps and stuff since I signed up here, have convinced me that I wasn't missing out on anything after all. I used to do one pass as regularly as three pass, long before joining the forum.

I still have a heap of samples to work through, but my shaving seems to have drifted back to what it was before I signed up here - or more accurately, before I went full beard, as I had a few inches of fuzz when I signed up. This includes not necessarily shaving everyday, so my 20+ year blade stash plus regrindables, is most certainly a lifetime supply now. I might be having three or four shaves per week at the moment, and I've stopped counting shaves too.

That said, not all my shaves are one pass. Yesterday was two. I didn't log it on here, as I didn't follow up with any post shave, so there was nothing really to report.
Will you go back to Mitchell's once the soap samples are done?

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Blade: Gillette Platinum (6)
Brush: Omega S10019
Soap: B&M Cheshire
Aftershave: B&M Cheshire
027_50.jpg

I enjoyed my shave after 72 hours of growth. It seems with a one pass with the grain shave I could make a blade last for a month easily. I could do this but I switch out razors every two weeks. A fresh razor means a fresh blade, or a fresh blade for every fresh razor.

B&M Cheshire is a very good soap[ and easy to lather. The performance is exceptional. It's not quite SV but close. SV beats in hands down in latherability. SV is still magic soap. Barrister and Mann ranks right up to the point of magic. I do like the scent of B&M Cheshire, which oddly enough is Earl Grey Tea, and the aftershave is a match.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Blade: Gillette Platinum (7)
Brush: Omega S10077
Soap: B&M Cheshire
Aftershave: B&M Cheshire
023_50.jpg

My shave today was a bit hurried. I had a late start. For some reason I got a little red bump on the jaw line on my right side. It must have been the angle of attack? This proves it is possible to get irritation doing a one pass wtg shave. :crying: The funny thing is that there was no feedback from alum, and the aftershave splash did not sting (curious). The redness has faded by the time I got to work. Tomorrow is another day to give shaving perfection another go. Other than that the results were very good for having a late start and having to hurry the process.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
For some reason I got a little red bump on the jaw line on my right side. It must have been the angle of attack? This proves it is possible to get irritation doing a one pass wtg shave. :crying: The funny thing is that there was no feedback from alum, and the aftershave splash did not sting (curious).

If that happens to me, it's usually because the blade was a little high, and tugged the root a bit instead of cutting cleanly. As you say, angle of attack.

How much time do you save, not doing the other two passes?

Raven Koenes

My precious!
If that happens to me, it's usually because the blade was a little high, and tugged the root a bit instead of cutting cleanly. As you say, angle of attack.

How much time do you save, not doing the other two passes?
It was my angle of attack. I do save time but not a whole lot. It still takes me about a half an hour. I'm a stickler for good prep. I also splash water all over the place, so my clean up is maybe more intensive than some. I leave the bathroom cleaner than I found it for my wife (making sure the chrome fixtures are nice and polished...).

Top Bottom