What's new

My Fatip, Joris, Schone, Collection and Journey 2018 and Beyond.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
I had another very sweet one pass wtg shave again today. This week seems to be going a bit different. I think there is a tendency for me to try to get even closer than the day's previous shave.

You've got me doing single passes more often now, Rave. :) Is there anything you miss about the three pass shave? I tend to have a reasonably clear distinction of what level of shave I want - but typically not until I actually start.

You definitely don't have to work at catching the scent of Proraso Wood and Spice. :wink2:

Sound like another one for me to avoid. Thanks for the heads up :D

Raven Koenes

My precious!
You've got me doing single passes more often now, Rave. :) Is there anything you miss about the three pass shave? I tend to have a reasonably clear distinction of what level of shave I want - but typically not until I actually start.
I'm too soon into it to be tired. Right now I'd say I'm in the fascination period. At some point I may do a three pass on my first and last shave of the week, but for now I'd say no. The difference in stubble removal is negligible, and the benefits for my skin outweigh any difference. I think I'm pretty much hooked.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Have you turned any of your Proraso Wood and Spice into a soap, Rave?

Cal's method works. You just fill an empty soap jar about two thirds or half full of PW&S, and leave it open on a bookshelf or table top for a month or two or so. Presto Chango...it turns into soap.

I like it better as a soap but that's just me.

Happy shaves,

Jim
No, I haven't turned it into a soap. I watched with interest as you guys did this. For me I like my soaps and creams as such. Maybe at some point I'll give it a go?

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
I'm too soon into it to be tired. Right now I'd say I'm in the fascination period. At some point I may do a three pass on my first and last shave of the week, but for now I'd say no. The difference in stubble removal is negligible, and the benefits for my skin outweigh any difference. I think I'm pretty much hooked.

Soon, it might be a good time to test other razors. Old Type, R41...

index.jpg

Raven Koenes

My precious!
SOTD: :001_wub:
Razor: Fatip Nobile Horn
Blade: Gillette Platinum (3)
Brush: TGN High Mountain White
Cream: Proraso Wood and Spice
Aftershave: Gillette Cool Wave
041_50 (1).jpg

I can't believe it is already day 3 of my shave week. I'm still enthralled with the way my one pass wtg is working out for me. Fatip OC's are awesome if I've never mentioned it before. Life is good and today's shave was exceptional. It was the best of the week so far. I didn't push it trying to get closer. That worked well on all levels of the shave.

I used my TGN High Mountain White today. It has a great feel, but the knot is way too big for a face lathering brush. It was one of those brushes I bought earlier on. If I had a do over I would have bought it in a 22mm knot. It is a hold over from the days where I thought bigger and the more you pay the better it is. :tongue_sm

Raven Koenes

My precious!

Sound like another one for me to avoid. Thanks for the heads up :D
How aone pass shaves going?

Top Bottom